VW Lease Up Tomorrow...Need Advice Please

Hi! My lease is up tomorrow and I’m looking for some advice on if I should buy ($24,450) the vehicle (2021 VW Atlas SE w/ Tech, 33k miles) or get another lease. KBB stated the vehicle is at $21,200 and Carmax gave me an offer -pending inspection- of $24,600 if I were to sell.

Was thinking of not leasing or buying to just save for a couple of months but it seems like I may be leaving negotiating power of getting into a new lease on the table.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

So I’m assuming you’re not in a rush to get something right away.

What negotiating power are you referring to? The actual value of your car is roughly the same or less than your buyout.

Correct, not in a rush to get something right away.

This is my first lease and was thinking there may be incentives offered to get in another lease when returning mine. Could totally be off base with this though.

If you like it reasonably enough, just buy it.

1 Like

Lease incentives are not unknown. You can check that on the Edmunds forum (you would need to check by model, model year, and zip code). Might be a bit late to get a response, if you’re turning in the car tomorrow.

1 Like

Typically, if theres a loyalty incentive for getting into another vw, therenis no stipulation that it must occur at lease turn in. Its usually more of a “have or have recently had a vw” kind of thing.

Whatever you do, dont rush into getting a new lease today because the dealer tries to convince you that you have to act today. Even if there was an incentive like that, the amount you would overpay by rushing in to something like rhat would more than eat up any incentives.

1 Like

You’ve left it way too late to create a deal on your own.

Look in the Marketplace to see what you can get in the next few days; call VW about returning on Monday but get a new car before then

1 Like

Thank you all for the advice! Greatly appreciate it!

Selling it to Carmax will avoid disposition fee and any wear and tear charges and maybe a couple of bucks in your pocket. I wouldn’t own any VW out of warranty so keep that in mind if you buy it.

1 Like