VW Lease extension limit extended and discounted 20%

Received the email from Volkswagen:

When you extend your lease, we’ll extend a thanks—with 20% reduced payments1.

We understand it’s not an easy time to return your vehicle to a VW dealership.That’s why we’re offering you a reduction of your payment if you choose to extend your lease. You can extend your lease for one to six months, and if you extend for three months or more, we will reduce your monthly payments by 20%.If you choose to take full advantage of this offer and extend for six months, the amount of a full monthly payment will be waived from your final invoice.

To review your end of lease options, including your ability to extend your lease, we highly recommend you reach out to us online. Log in to My Account, navigate to Customer Support, then Secure Email to send us a message.

1 Offer available to customers in good standing. Up to 5 monthly payments will be reduced by exactly 20%. You will continue to be billed your full monthly payment and will be credited the sum of your monthly payment reductions on your final invoice.

My selling dealer offered a pull ahead, but I’m doing this instead. Discount covers the DMV renewal and then some. Plus I’ve barely driven the car so I’m not wanting to hand it in yet.

8 Likes

I think this is a good way to handle the situation for those who are willing and able to keep the vehicle.

Just shows how long manufacturers are expecting the problems in the overall logistics to last, and their liabilities on the rolling stock if they had to take them back em masse…at least 6 months…

3 Likes

Yeah, I have taken advantage of this, although the terms confused me and they couldn’t clarify when I actually talked to them:

“If you choose to take full advantage of this offer and extend for six months, the amount of a full monthly payment will be waived from your final invoice.”

But if I return after 5 months, I should get a full monthly payment back according to the terms. So is the sixth month not discounted?

Ya not clear 5 or 6 but I was going to extend before they offered so I didn’t care too much.

How close are you to the return date? I haven’t received a similar email yet, and mine is due in August.

I received it when I was within 45 days.

No word on buyout discount? I would not extend unless they also reduce the residual price in case there is a buyout at the end of the 6-month period.

They reduce the residual and increase your mileage by prorating it monthly.

My monthly reduction for months 25-30 will be the same as between month 23-24

I got an email from VM but it doesn’t mention any discount if I were to extend the lease.

We understand it’s not an easy time to return your vehicle to a VW dealership. That’s why you can now extend your lease from one to six months.1 To take advantage of this exclusive offer, simply reach out to us online.

Lame. Call them and ask for the 20% offer

They aren’t offering anything except notifying of the options that was always there.

Does anyone know current lease extension policy for vw? Can it be extended for up to 6 months or 1 year like some other brand? Thx

Call and ask

1 Like

Sure. Calling now

Just called and no more 20% off. Still a very helpful post as I had no idea that we could extended with the same payment and the prorate the residual, miles and still under the warranty.

I am in SoCal and cant find any dealer who will part with new Tiguan for any less than MSRP - Incentives. Makes our $210 monthly with $700 DAS look like and absolute steal.

Fingers crossed that the COSTCO June Volvo discounts can get my wife out of the VW.

2 Likes

It’s obvious these offers expired a long time ago. The market is very different now to what it was at the start of the pandemic.

If anyone has anything more to add, they can PM me.