VW ID.4, $401.23, $5,000 down+$4,500 trade allowance

I get it if the point was to immediately buy it out? I probably would have just waited if I could because the lease cash probably wasn’t going anywhere and you’ll eventually get to a point where these are being discounted too.

1 Like

I thought about waiting, but I knew if I did, my trade in would also drop significantly because its my commuter that would have significantly more miles and the market would be dropping for used cars.

You will always be fighting negativism equity because of your commute.

You only got lucky on the trade this time because of the crazy car market.

I would try to just buy this thing outright immediately instead of paying that rent charge for 39 months.

5 Likes

Yea I’m going to try and buy it soon. I would NOT have paid MSRP or higher, if it weren’t for the trade. Yes, overall I got hosed, but I paid for ceramic, which I wanted and got a good deal with my trade. If I outright bought at MSRP, I would only be able to get about 5K of the federal credit (wife is a student, I’m a student and work, can’t ROTH convert).

Yes, I could of gotten a much better deal and I should of searched more, but this was my first lease. I now what to look out for now and the breakdown to ask for, rather than just the lease payment and residual.

Not much else can be said. At this point, enjoy the car.

3 Likes

@StagSwag enjoy your ID4. Post pics in the

1 Like

Is that because you do not have at least $7500 tax liability for 2021?

2 Likes

Worst reason to overpay for a car.

2 Likes

Correct, I do not have a $7,500 liability and this year will be even lower because of school expenses. On my last car, I was only able to claim $6,500 because of the same reason, though I did get that $9K under MSRP

Not trying to beat a death horse but I’m curious what does the ID4 has that is more advanced than the Bolt to you? From your need of a commute car and must be an electric, the Bolt is much cheaper with plenty of brokers here are selling.

DCFC speeds that don’t suck, for one.

3 Likes

The ID.4 is pretty interesting, but I’ll wait til it doesn’t cost more to lease than my Tiguan & LEAF combined.

1 Like

This is a first time in a long time some one calmly admiring a mistake on this forums.

He deserves a credit for
A) having a calm discussion
B) providing lesson for others to read

7 Likes

Ditto. I will wait until Id4 doesn’t cost more than two audi etrons combined.

2 Likes

I am also admiring this mistake …. very calmly and I love when somebody else pays for teaching me things.

4 Likes

To be fair, this is still cheaper than current e-tron pricing by a decent amount.

5 Likes

Yea the deal here in this thread is more than all three of my cars: equity/DAS combined is the value of my RSX-S, the monthly is more than my Tig & LEAF combined effective payments.

We always knew for us to get our deals someone else has to pay the other side of “average”.
Now we get to e-meet one of them😀

6 Likes

The monthly is definitely high, but I am leasing to buy. If I were leasing to lease, this would be a crazy price. The out the door price is what got me here.

The $5k over msrp selling price?

4 Likes