VW Golf R or Honda Civic Type R

Had a MK7 R. Great car. Miss driving a manual.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had manuals in M3, M5, 911 CS and honestly this is the best of all of themā€¦itā€™s fault may be that it is almost too user friendly!

Had a F80 with ZCP package. Manual trans on the M3 clunky. Golf R stick excellent.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the skinny on the Golf R? Have yet to see anyone lease or finance hack this gen.

Whenever I see a grown 30+ y/o guy driving a souped up hatchback I have to wonder

Domestic Violence Assault GIF

1 Like

Can get them at msrp if you orderā€¦I can in the northeast if you canā€™t find one

1 Like

What if I need a suitable beater/replacement for my Crown Vic? :roll_eyes:

Maybe they have much nicer cars at home and just wanted a fun daily? Of they just donā€™t care how they look? I had one for a minute, but I will admit that I sold it before I ever had to drive it to the office.

2 Likes

I had a MK8 Golf (Non GTI) rental in Europe this past summer. Excellent car and the 6MT was beautiful.

Would :100: take a Golf R over a Civic Type R even tho the Civic would hold value better.

These arenā€™t leaseable cars. You find these at MSRP now and just buy them.

2 Likes

Would the Acura Integra type S still be a ā€œnot driven by those over 25ā€ vehicle?

I got you.

Corolla GR for teens through 20yo.
CTR for the 20-25yo.
Acura ILX (I mean Integra)Type S is ok for 25-30yo.
Golf R / S3 for 30-35yo.
M240 / Supra / RS3 for 35-40yo.
Mustang / Camaro 40-45yo.
M2 for 45-50yo.
C8 for 50-55yo.
911s for 55-60yo.
Z06 for 60-65yo.
F8 Spider 65+.
Lambos all ages with fu money.

Youā€™re welcome.

3 Likes

I feel bad for people that care about these silly automotive stereotypes. My most fun and memorable cars were when I went against expectations, whether they were based on previous cars, my age, or even self-imposed.

2 Likes

I find it interesting that no one mentioned Hyundai Elantra N yet.

1 Like

That pos comes with a state ref stock

4 Likes

Had one. Got tired of it really quick.

1 Like

I agree.

TBH, hanging out with you animals got me into some high HP muscle cars.

I kinda am looking for something that I can absolutely ring around the city and not worry about the car dancing into a wall. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:robot: :notes: CaLiFoRniiA L0oOo0vE :notes: :robot:

Type R. I bought mine for $5k over, put 5500 incredible miles on it, traded it in for 5k over MSRP and it was a fantastic and fun car. Turned a decent lap at VIR too: https://youtu.be/SW8ndMoQ8-E?si=tXK3R1P80vT02Twe

If you live near a military town, you know this isnā€™t true :joy:

1 Like