VW Atlas Cross Sport release and price

I saw that VW is going to be releasing a electric shorter sporty version of the Atlas and I was wondering if any of the dealers had pre pricing and ordering info and which models and options… I didn’t see anything on the range of the battery.

AFAIK, the Cross Sport hasn’t actually been announced as a production vehicle yet.

All the webpages I hit said VW was going to start production in 2019 for the 2020 model car, which would make it later this year.

Correct, and I assume none of those pages were part of vw.com.

The VW page for the concept says that the concept will produced sometime in 2019. Which means it hasn’t been formally introduced yet, and there is no official launch date.

So it’s unlikely the dealers will have any info on a car w/ no launch date.

The Cross Sport was introduced along side the tanoak as a possible entry into the US market.

They were both concept vehicles and at the time VW simply said they were talking about it.

It seemed 90 percent ready for production, but VWs history of concept to production is usually about 2 years. Don’t expect this to hit dealer lots anytime soon.

Thanks for the info, the Sport version would be perfect for me, the Atlas currently is a bit to large…

Sport wouldn’t be significantly smaller than the current Atlas, chassis and wheelbase-wise.

Just sloped roofline and angled C-pillar preventing the use of a third row and inhibiting cargo volume. It’s kust a less practical Atlas.

Hearing same wheel base as Atlas but 7.5”-ish shorter. I too am looking forward to the smaller Atlas. Problem is… I’m ready now

I am also ready to buy now, so I wish VW could get this out for us to check out and you know the dealers will jack the price like they did with the Telluride, so…

They jacked the price up on the Atlas as well.

Probably won’t launch until Q4 at earliest. Neither pricing nor launch date has been made official and I suspect pricing is a ways away from being finalized either.

All but certain to be sold in the US, but until it actually launches, always subject to change. Don’t expect much of a price break vs Atlas. Actually average transactions prices (and definitely lease payment point) will likely be higher that Atlas for at least a quarter or three.

1 Like