VW ATLAS Any guesses on how it will lease

The car should be launched in the coming month or 2. Appreciate any guesses on how it will lease…

Probably not particularly well. Reviews seem to be very good, and there is a lot of buzz. I don’t think you should expect either great lease terms or big discounts at the dealership. Unfortunate.

The Touareg leased worse than a Q7 and even a bloody Cayenne had better lease terms that the Touareg- so if that’s any indication, I dont expect the Atlas to be any better.

Just saw this so maybe I’m wrong! Hopefully a low MRSP and decent residuals will help get reasonable lease numbers - albeit with no discounts at launch. Time will tell when it is physically launched.

I’m hoping for 20-25k off a 50k Touareg! That will be lease of the century!

Fire sale? I’d love to see a deal go through on those numbers!

VW Touareg to be discontinued with no MY2018 vehciles delivered to the US. Easy to see why:

2018 VW Atlas SEL Premium with 4MOTION starts at $49,415
2017 VW Touareg Base starts at $50,405.

AutoTrader shows 1,049 available nationwide so it may be too early for close-out deals…

Any deals on 2018 Atlas yet ?

Here’s what I just got in IL. Thinking this deal is not an AWESOME deal. Would love feedback.

A few questions I have:
1-The dealer is quoting me a monthly payment of $725 with the numbers below. I can’t get over $700 when I do the math. Not sure what I’m missing.

2-Does VW accept MSD?

3-Do I need gap insurance for a lease?

SEL 4Motion
MSRP: $43,985
Neg Price $41,985
Fees: $692
Down: $1000
RV: 61%
Sales Tax: $1884 (Rate 10.25%)
Del Charge: $925
Miles: 12K
36 M

Do you really want to consider a 700 lease for a 43K car???

Is there a % of the MSRP or $$$ amt that you aim for in a lease payment?

Generally, monthly payment of arnd 1% of msrp is considered ok

VW does not do MSDs and it includes gap insurance at no extra cost.

I don’t see the mf listed in your post, so that’s probably what you’re missing. And you might want to double check that the delivery charge isn’t included in the MSRP (it’s supposed to be).

You can get a well equipped XC90 or a Q7 at that monthly…

XC90 will be about $100/mo less

That lease quote is crazy

This is what is offered on my dealer’s site…

V6 S Model

$2619 down + TTL
$269+tax
36mo/7.5k

7.5K. They want to portray this as a luxury SUV??

Where is this dealer what state

Sunnyvale VW in Sunnyvale, CA

1 Like