Vroom No Longer Honoring Offers - They Are Lying About Toyota No Longer Allowing 3rd Party Dealer Buyouts

After the contract is signed, before they assign pickup.

Forget Vroom, opened an application with them and received no response in over a week. Last Saturday I turned to Algo and RX350 lease just got picked up and check issued same time. So in 5 days, Algo managed to complete this Lexus Financial purchase. Don’t believe the lies about Toyota and Lexus not allowing third party purchases.

PS. Lexus lease termination was October 2021 for those who wants to know.

2 Likes

I just used carmax, made 3500 off my Toyota 2018Highlander lease . Easy peasy, make sure to call and make an appt before you go. The one in ct I was in and out in an hour . Vroom I had no luck with, never would call me. Carvana offered me the lowest amount. Good luck everyone !!

3 Likes

Right I even asked Carmax about this and they were like “ nope we haven’t heard anything about Toyota saying no to us “ so there is that

Also make sure you are at least 15 days days before your next lease payment before you sell car . There is a 2 week grace period for selling car off to Carmax. FYI Also sell at least 3 months out

Why this: 15 days before last payment and I assume you mean 3 mos prior to lease end? Seems with your experience the deal was done within 1 hour and TFS doesn’t seem to care, as long as they receive a check. Did you hear something from TFS or Carmax suggesting what you said?

it was 15 days before the next payment - there is a processing time on carmax’s side. I was able to go home cancel my payments to TFS from my bank and not worrying about having to make another payment. YES everything is done lease resolved and I acutally got a check from TFS for an overpayment from carmax. I am done and happy

I’m having the exact same problem with Vroom. I have a 2020 Lexus RX 350 I’m trying to sell to Vroom. Any idea how you finished this with the supervisor? Did Toyota provide the letter of guarantee? And who did you sent it to at Vroom? Every-time I talk to someone at Lexus Financial, they tell me there is zero issue selling to another dealer.

Vroom was no help. They kept lying and spinning stories that didn’t make any sense. Someone there told me that TFS and NMAC is the same bank…I ended up selling to ALGO, offer was a bit lower - but much faster and easier process.

Toyota did not and will not provide the letter of guarantee. They said such a document doesn’t exist.

Did you read the thread? Or even the title? If they are not interested in honoring their offers or acting in good faith, they are going to keep you making jump through hoops like a circus animal.

Until you finally say F this and go away.

1 Like

You might need to give up on it. You cannot force them to buy it. I never read all the fine prints but the sale is never completed until contracts are signed.

Sale is not completed until possession changes hands. I had all contracts signed…

I had a Lexus rep directly speak with a Vroom rep (via me starting both calls separately). Something clicked and the transaction is going through.

Good luck. I wonder if it will go thru completely or if you will hit another snag.

Not sure why Vroom cannot accept document like this from LFS? what else needs to be written?

I have a friend with a 2018 SR5 Tacoma lease (dummy did a 48 month 18500 mileage) and still is higher on mileage. His online buyout price is $28,300 but Toyota told him that their buyout is $26,300. Toyota is claiming to buy it out at 26,300, but I think they’re just rolling it into the next truck.

Who KNOWS the truth with Toyota buyout price? Could Ford purchase it at $26,300 or does Toyota get lower buyout?

Jay

toyota includes the sales tax in their buyout since this online total is really meant for current leaseholder to purchase. if it is going to a 3rd party for resale, the$26,300 is likely the correct total they’re getting due to no sales tax requried.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.