Vroom No Longer Honoring Offers - They Are Lying About Toyota No Longer Allowing 3rd Party Dealer Buyouts

1 Like

mmm I think TFS doesnt allow if less than 6 months left on lease anyways. So if its due this 21st, means Vroom just ignored your request maybe ?

1 Like

I don’t think this is true. Both Vroom and TFS were aware of the maturity date on my lease ~ 1 month when I started the process.

I spoke to Toyota Financial Services a third time and they confirmed that they are still allowing third party buyouts and that they could not provide a letter of guarantee. 100% Vroom trying to back out after signing a contract. If anyone know how to get in touch with Vroom’s executive team (Jenny Watson - Chief Experience Officer) or the CEO or anyone else that can help, please let me know. My googling didn’t reveal anything yet.

I got the process started with Auto Lenders Go for $35k. Carmax also offered $35k. We’ll see what happens.

2 Likes

EDIT: Delete post please

I sold mine 4 days before lease end

3 Likes

Why are we talking about lease transfers in a 3rd party buy out conversation?

3 Likes

Exactly my thought. Lease transfers and 3rd party buyout are 2 different things. Companies typically want 30-60 days before lease end, but a lot of them will work with anything as long as the payoff quote has 10 days left…

Ugh I started a vroom buyout last weekend on my 2019 RX350. I’m waiting for a callback but there customer service sucks. There quote was 1700 more than Carmax but I think I’m going to drive the 80 miles to my closest carmax to see if I can still get a nice buyout.

1 Like

Argh. Im so sorry. I don’t know what I was thinking. My apologies. Will edit post to avoid confusion for others.

1 Like

No worries. Glad we cleared it up

2 Likes

Can’t believe the valuations on these companies cvna more than Ford. I think cvna is heavy manipulated - would like to get some puts on that.

This is the way. Got 24.5k after showing vroom offer for 24,997 for a 2018 RDX AWD Advance with 46k and needed brakes & tires. dealer sold it in two days after slapping CPO on it for 28k. Worked out for everyone.

2 Likes

I was about to drive to Carmax tomorrow in Connecticut but now I’m worried that when I show up they will need Toyota to be on the phone with them and try to financial is closed on the weekends did you go on the weekend or during the week when you sold your car to Carmax?

I’m going Monday or Tuesday morning. :wink:

1 Like

Lol I am going to take off from work then lol no sense in driving there two hours and then they are like “ can’t do anything until Toyota opens on monday”

1 Like

I went to East Haven Carmax on Saturday when i was selling my leased Honda. They had access to my HFS account. Hopefully they can do the same thing with TFS. Call Carmax and find out.

2 Likes

I went to east haven carmax last weekend. They gave me an estimate which is $2k less than Vroom. I would like to try again after the current offer expires as new Jeep msrp bumped up last week.

1 Like

I was about to drive to east haven tomorrow to sell my car but I am worried that Toyota financial via phone needs to be open to even sell the car to them. They didn’t know the answer either - were they ready to buy your car last weekend if you did it ?

The line that Toyota dealers have to TFS is open on Saturdays. IDK if Carmax knows that number.

2 Likes

Well I just got back from Carmax in Easton PA. just shy of two hours away. They did the evaluation and there offer was exactly what the computer generated offer was. It’s $1,700 less than Vroom but still about $5,500 more than my buyout. Unfortunately I didn’t even think about LFS not being open. He said he couldn’t use the buyout that comes out on my page because there buyout is a little higher because they get charged more taxes as a third buyer. Sucks I really wanted to wrap this up in case the policy does change. I should of thought about it but I’m surprised for later appointments they don’t call during the day to get the information especially since I entered the account number and Lexus financial phone number online.

1 Like