Volvo XC90 R Design $550/month Deal Review

Hi, hoping for a Hackr review of the deal I’m going in this morning to sign. $67k MSRP, $550/month with $2,500 DAS. Seems reasonable but as much as I’ve read and learned on this forum I’m having trouble following the lease contract. For example, I said I would be willing to pay fees up front but it looks like they’re rolled in and more of that $2,500 is allocated to cap cost reduction. In addition, I can’t quite get the calculator to match up to the deal I thought I was getting. While negotiating it seemed like I was around 11% off MSRP and this looks closer to 9%? Appreciate any help or advice anyone can provide. Incentives are $4,000 Volvo and $1,000 Costco.

Paging @Ursus. He’s a Volvo expert.

As far as I can see, the discount off msrp is the price in 25a. The fees are added to that total to determine the adjusted cap cost.

You may wish to do MSDs. Assuming my review of this Volvo sheet is correct, this is a terrific deal. Nice work!

1 Like

Hm, why only $1k is shown as rebates. At which point Volvo $4k is used/indicated?

It’s probably taken to get to the price in 25a.

Yeah, but I wouldn’t reply on our “assumption of probably” to think that dealer did in fact use it. And if they did the dealership discount is a lot less than 9% since half of it is a rebate from Volvo. Then dealership discount is more like 5%

Looks like the 4k is reflected in the selling price in 25a

1 Like

Please redo your math. The discount seems to be 11% before that incentive. The only reason I equivocate is because we do not have the exact msrp. It’s listed as $67k in the OP.

1 Like

Add 4k to 55685 to get 59685 which is your ~11 percent off msrp which looks to be 66940.

1 Like

I think you’re right if my reverse calc from the residual is correct. Nice work.

1 Like

I try lol 20202020

1 Like

Ok, I need to have another coffee and throw away my calc:)

1 Like

Thanks all for your feedback and review. At the dealer now. Your input makes me confident that it’s aligned to the deal we had struck, just for some reason applying more of the DAS to cap cost and rolling in fees instead of paying fees. Overall seems like my risk/liability is the same.

Probably moving numbers around since he went below invoice on Costco, which is technically not allowed.

1 Like

Would love to see the sticker of this particular vehicle if you can post it!