Volvo Wagon within My Grasp

Leasing is a novel experience for me; thanks for the information, all. I kept my last car for over a decade, and need to replace it. Looking at the potential depreciation of Volvo wagons, I’m going to bite the bullet and use a lease to hedge against it instead of grabbing a deal on a 2018 CPO.

Here’s roughly where I’m at on the lease: I feel (edit…) okay about it, but am open to thoughts. I’ll update once I have final numbers.

V90 Calculator

10.5% pre-incentive on a v90 is not too shabby. I’m shocked they’re throwing $7k in incentives at it.

Have you confirmed the MF with edmunds?

1 Like

I had checked the MF a few weeks back. I’ll check again, though.

I updated the title to reflect it’s a 2019, not a 2020. So, the 7k in incentives isn’t as surprising; They had the big $6k allowance last summer, too. I just couldn’t quite justify a new car purchase at that point.

1 Like

Make sure that the $7k is not on purchase only (I bet it is). This is what it was last year - $6.5K on purchase and $2,750 on lease. Volvo doesn’t need to heavily subsidize V leases because of the volume.

1 Like

Ah, damn it. Well, I’m waiting for the numbers with incentives - all discussions had been pre-incentives up until now… This could be a depressing day.

Try to find a loaner if you after V and want decent payment.

Does your wagon have the orange seatbelts, though?

No to the orange seatbelts… the ORs have a 500bp (5%) lower RV and notably higher MF. Monthly was almost 33% more for the same MSRP. :frowning:

1 Like

Comparing the first one to a different one with a bunch of dealer accessories added on to ‘look cool’ (tint, vinyl covering on chrome)… That will all just add to my cap-cost without increasing RV, yeah?

Is the same true for things like Polestar or mud-flaps? Looks like they were added on, too. (It has an * next to it on the build sheet on their website.)

It’s pretty annoying; do they just do this to add a bunch of profit at 100% markup?

Polestar can be residualized, if it is installed at the factory/port. Needs to be on the window sticker. It doesn’t residualized if you have the dealer do the install.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks. It’s reporting on the website as an option & part of MSRP, so I’m guessing it was added at the port.

Now to knock down 50% on the tinting and vinyl wrap…

1 Like