Volvo V60 loaner pre-incentive discount

I’m in Norcal

See what @okboye can do for you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the referral, just shot @okboye an email.

Interesting search so far, I’m getting far less callbacks than I’d expect given what I thought would be a bad state for the industry. Dealers are trying to push me into new V60s rather than loaners, telling me they’ll lose money if they take the loaner out of the service pool. It’s odd they list the loaners on the webpage though if they aren’t truly available for sale.

I got a quote for 2.9% off of MSRP (pre-incentive) for a new V60 :upside_down_face:. I’m starting to look at loaner 330i’s now because even though the incentives aren’t there the RV is higher and it seems easier to find a loaner.

It is true, they will lose money if a loaner is not ripe. And they all list loaners before they are ready. You need to ask for or find one that is ready.

2 Likes

It’s like picking peaches! :peach:

I always see this on every dealer site. Do you think there will ever be some sort of classification as to when they are/are not ready?

Good question, it seems like if I’m serious about a V60 I’m either going to have to take the 13.1% or spend a lot of time asking about retired loaners vs. in-service.

No, there will not be. It’s dealer’s bonus so why would they advertise when loaners are ready? They will gladly sell it to you at the right price before a loaner qualifies.

1 Like

That’s what I had to do with my S60. It is about finding the loaner and finding the dealer with the loaner that will give you the discount you want. It takes time, but most of the unicorn or almost unicorn deals you see on the forum are created from weeks to months worth of research.

I guess I did not consider the elephant in the room: dealers maximizing profit. Makes complete sense.

My dealer actually told me he would start selling his loaners after couple of months instead of keeping them for a long time to meet the requirements. I guess he can discount 1-3 months car with 1-2K miles lower than 6 months/6K one to compensate for the lost $3K loaner cash and still come out ahead. Saves on floor plan also.

That is actually really nice. Almost positive my dealer is still holding onto all of their loaners for the 6 month/6K miles term, unfortunately. Haven’t been able to convince their otherwise, so I will probably have to keep an eye out for them towards the pull-ahead period (which will hopefully remain at 9 months) or find somewhere else that will honor the “LH special”.

Like I said - no one will give it away, but will sell at the right price. Most people buy cars, not lease them, anyway.

2 Likes

Didn’t Volvo discontinue 6 month 6k?

I’m offered at 15% off for a V60 CC w/ Advance, loaner with 3k miles, just to give you a data point.

Thanks. Difficult part has been finding a retired loaner. My first few days were spent having dealers push me into new V60s (with awful payments). Now I understand if they don’t have any retired loaners they’ll start asking about my payment targets to make a lease on a new V60 and act all offended when I tell them :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Don’t ever discuss target payments.

Your process here should be:

• Identify potential loaner candidate vehicles
  • Put together target pricing estimates for each vehicle
  • Contact vehicle to see if said loaner is ripe
  • Make offer based on target pricing

No where in that process is “let dealer tell you what they want you to pay based on payment amounts”

1 Like

Thanks, I understand this. I just consider that question the end of the road with that dealer since they don’t want to talk about retired loaners.

the find a new dealer