Volvo 'Tow for Life'

Very nice.

Roadside Assistance

A priceless feature we’ve made standard on all new Volvo models.

https://www.volvocars.com/us/own/owner-info/service-by-volvo/roadside-assistance

3 Likes

I love my Volvo… Only if my wife wouldn’t ding it up… lol

1 Like

Towing to a Volvo dealership. Smart business.

Makes sense in case of breakdown, especially under warranty. In case of collision:

Emergency services

In the event of an emergency, whether a mechanical disablement or traffic accident, we’ll arrange a tow to the nearest Volvo retailer or Certified Volvo Collision Repair Facility.

1 Like

It’s especially smart business because if you don’t have a repair done at either the Volvo Dealer or a Certified collision shop, they charge you for the tow.

2 Likes

Just an FYI, at least here in NY, you can’t have Volvo roadside (or any roadside for that matter) because of the way the roads are owned. You have to have NYS state roadside come, BUT Volvo is pretty generous for the reimbursement. When I hit a massive pothole last year, it was 20 degrees, dark, etc. The state roadside had to put on my tempaspare (so glad I had that option!!!), but Volvo reimbursed me very quickly after I submitted my receipt.

Wow…what a racket.

Haha! I knew that literally EVERYTHING ELSE was a racket in NY but I didn’t realise even the ownership of the roads was too. Jeez.

See here: https://www.thruway.ny.gov/travelers/safety/index.html

I was on what was technically the Thruway, because it was next to the 287/87 split.

1 Like

I’ve used GM and AAA roadside plenty all around NYC

Again, it depends on the road. NYC is a different animal for many reasons. There are separate laws for NYC vs. NY state for pothole reimbursement, for example. It was merely an FYI, since I have experienced it first-hand.

Volvo “Tow for Life”

Does this gimmick say anything about the quality lately of Volvos ? Tow trucks on speed-dial isn’t necessarily a good thing.

You wouldn’t need this with a Toyota.

Have you had a Volvo lately? :thinking:

2 Likes

It doesn’t. I don;t think that has anything to do with reliability. How ever,

Even after your warranty has expired, your vehicle is still eligible for Tow for Life. With no cost, we will arrange to have your car towed to the nearest authorized Volvo retailer within a 25-mile radius.

is the catch ! lol

1 Like

While there might not be a Volvo dealer within 100 miles, it is still better than nothing if there is one within 25 miles :slight_smile:

Towing is cheap, and probably done through a strike deal with reinsurance. If the value added to customer is at minimal cost to the manufacturer that will do it. Think about how Lexus gives you free scratches…I mean car washes when you bring in for service?