Volvo San Diego Discounts/Rebates almost back to normal

I can’t believe Volvo deals are getting better in San Diego. I was helping my Son and his new wife purchase a small SUV. I looked at 2023 BMW X1, MBZ GLC300 (loaners), GLB 250 (loaners), GLA250 (loaners) Audi (Q3) and Volvos. After getting online decent online quotes, we went to look at the SUVs again. For the price, it seemed Volvo’s had the most to offer. I first found some decent used CX40’s with under 8K miles ($43-47K OTD) but daughter was adamant on CX40 B5 Hybrid plus trim. I found one at a dealership in San Diego and after a couple of phone calls I was able to get one with a $48K MSRP for $1500 under invoice (no dealer add on’s too). Pleasant experience and while I was speaking with the GM, he reported that if anybody (I know) is interested in Volvos on his lot, he will offer invoice and discounts. Plus I almost got myself into a C40 ultimate lease because discounts were over $13K but I still have a year left with my Audi. Not very knowledgeable about Volvos, they did have a fully loaded S60 Polestar (AMG, M and ABT equivalent) for $68K with no market adjustment (dang thing has 455HP and 523 torque - beast!). Had no idea Volvo’s had high performance models. Wanted to share with my Leasehackr family that some car deals/leases are getting back to normal (kinda). For the new body style BMW X1 they offered $2800 below MSRP which was pretty good but too much plastic where high materials should of been.

11 Likes

Market is definitely softening in the near-luxury sphere.

I must admit that the new X1 is one of the few very good looking new BMW’S out there. Congrats on the Volvo.

Great news and congrats

Looks like Escondido? Great store

1 Like

Agree! They were great through out the process.

1 Like

What’s that?
P.S. congrats on the XC40

1 Like

C40 ultimate lease because discounts were over $13K

→ it is the EV right? Does 13k include the fed 7500 credit? If not it is insane.

I am very interested in for this as I was looking at another socal dealer post about the deal. Wonder this GM can beat the one in the marketplace.

Can you refer ???

Looks like a hybrid to me based on reading the OP but 13K inclusive of the taxpayers money ($7,500) does sound right on the BEV

Probably, I did not pursue because wife shut me down on running number because she said I had a year left on my Audi. But I can check today and get back into this conversation. The GM there is really patient and cool.

1 Like

Btw, I was not a big Volvo fan because they were slow and kinda dated. But after doing me research and visiting dealerships, the CX40, S90 and CX90 are good looking cars especially the fit and finish. Also, I was surprised that the S60 plug in hybrid has over 400HP. I couldn’t drive because I was too busy playing with the S60 Polestar.

Got lease quotes on C40 Recharge Pure Electric Twin Plus: MSRP $58K
$14K in discounts include the Govt $7.5K

7500 miles a year
first payment and drive offs rolled in:
24 month 670 with tax (San Diego Tax)
36 month 636 wit tax

Money Factor is .00268( which is buy rate)

Residual is
36 months 55 percent
24 months 62 percent
If you sell the car at lease end (24 Months for $42K and 36 months $36K) and take the equity and add it to the payments already made, your lease payments would have been drastically less. During first year of COVID, I sold my Honda Clarity Touring to TRED nine months early and after they paid off lease I made $5K which reduced my monthly payment to $190 a month. This deal you can make more in equity.

I doubt these will have any equity throughout the lease term, unless China invades Taiwan. Last couple of years have been an anomaly. To be quite frank, I think the best thing about the C40 is that it’s not another Tesla. I’m in Carlsbad, and there are just so many Teslas. I enjoy seeing Polestars and Rivians because they add a little variety.

1 Like

Good point! Yeah I am pretty over seeing all the Teslas in the mall parking lots and on the road in my neighborhood. Now I wouldn’t turn own down if I was given one free but I would never buy or lease one. The body style is getting aged. If you ever have a chance, look up “wham bam Tesla Cam” on youtube. You will rapidly see most drivers outside of California don’t care for Teslas and make an effort to ruin their day. Plus, the price to fix those darn things is out of control (and the time to get parts an back on the road). Most of are insurance write offs.

1 Like

XC40. XC90. Volvo doesn’t make a CX40 or CX90.

2 Likes

Ultimate has higher RV - 63%

Not gonna happen.

2 Likes

Never on a Volvo*

*other than in 2021-22

You’re so out of touch with reality, it’s scary.

1 Like

Someone obviously has never been to Florida , Texas , or Washington