Volvo paint very susceptible to scratches?

I have an S90 that I’ve had for a little over 2 years. It has more scratches and little dings than other car I’ve ever had. I have treated it very well. Garage kept at home and work. Yet it feels like the slightest touch leaves a mark. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

My 3 years old black S60 that I returned in April had 0 scratches and dings. It has more to do with the way you take care of your car than the paint.

1 Like

Paging @AutoPaint

Expert in paint and owner of a great volvo

1 Like

I have leased 10 plus cars and taken care of them the exact same way. I baby my cars. I have never seen anything like this before. Perhaps it’s possible a got a car with defective paint?

I have '18 S90 with just over 12K miles in 19 months.

Car is silver. It’s no different than any other car I’ve owned/leased.

1 Like

None of my Volvos had paint problems. My S60 was also Chinese, so probably had the same paint as your S90

The paint on my osmium gray S90 has been great.

My wife’s Honda passport, however, has chipped several times in weird ways.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of Volvo paint jobs being low quality or chip prone. My wife XC-60 has yet to get a rock chip.

I can tell you infinitis with black paint jobs are or were poor quality and very chip prone.

I had a 2013 M37 and the pea gravel Georgia puts down with the salt destroyed my paint job to the point State Farm paid for an allover paint job to the tune of $7000. State Farm is one of the few insurance companies that pays for damage from “road debris.”

No issues with my 2019 XC60 (Swedish) or my parents 2019 XC60 (Chinese). I did have a defective paint job on my first Ford lease which got fixed under warranty.

Have you had yours checked with a paint meter? A body shop can take a look at your clear coat and check the paint density to see if there are any issues.

1 Like

I have a white S90 and haven’t noticed any worse paint than other cars.

No that’s good idea. I will do that.

1 Like