Volvo lease missing key

Hey, Anyone know what volvo financial charges for a missing key fob? 2021 S60. Thanks

Discuss with your dealer. Most likely they can waive it if you lease another one from them.

Since when can a dealer do a waiver?

1 Like

When I returned my last Acura, they just waive it for me. I leased another acura from them.

They probably just rolled the cost into your new car.

3 Likes

Sounds more like they ‘bought’ your car and then as Bond says, Rolled the key cost into your next car.

Finance and Dealers are 2 different corporations. Finance works for the OE, and Dealers buy cars from the OE. A Missing Key can only be ‘waived’ by the Finance or by Missing Key warranty (Usually called Wear and Tear and Purchased in advance), and the Finance almost never do.

Thank you for letting me know.

Yeah, no way they are waiving it. Not leasing another regardless.

Just did a lease end inspection, missing key was $346. I was not home to provide the second key but do have it.
Ended up purchasing a s60 and flipping to algo for 4k profit instead.

1 Like

Acura Financial is better than most captives regarding loyalty. Up to $1,500 in waivers IIRC.

1 Like

Lots of oems give you an allowance when you lease another vehicle from them. Very well could fall into that…

Yep, and completely different inspection rules. Back in the days I returned M3 with bubbles on 3 tires from wonderful NJ roads and final bill was 0, as I was getting new one from them.

If your lease is due soon then I’d just schedule the inspection ASAP to see exactly what VFS will charge you for a missing key.

I lost a key towards the end of my last SQ5 lease. Audi dealer wanted $525 for a replacement. Got it inspected and the missing key charge was only $125 from AFS. Needless to say I turned it in with only 1 key.

2 Likes

Does VFS have a portal with the lease end charges like Kia does?

Thanks everyone.

My dealership hasn’t sent a lease turn-in back to Acura in a long time, but in the past every time I’ve had a customer with a lost key Acura has charged them, I’ve been told it’s because Acura doesn’t consider losing a key as “excessive wear and tear” which is what the $1,500 is for. I don’t know if this is the case everywhere though, but it’s what I’ve seen.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.