Volvo EX60 🚗

170 miles in 10 min is great.

400 miles of total range isn’t. You pay for that unnecessary utility with weight and cost. It’s like every other couple with 2 kids who just cannot live without the third row for that one time five years ago when they had to pick six people up from the airport.

1 Like

I’m very excited! The rear is giving me 90’s Volvo vibes for some reason. I think the chunky wiper is giving me 480 and I am HERE FOR IT.

2 Likes

While i acknowledge that i wouldn’t use all the range frequently. 400 miles of range, which means you’re likely getting 325-350 consistently is a major step in making this more of a road trip vehicle. I think this greatly broadens the appeal.

Get yer membership ready.

There are P6 and P10 variants with less range, lower cost, and better efficiency than the P12 AWD which has 400+ miles EPA range.

The use of “P” is odd, at least in English, since I associate that letter with a petrol model. “T” for turbo made since, but then came “B” for mild hybrid (but still “T” for plug-in hybrid).

1 Like

I always could only understand “T”. BTW, “B” came before hybrid models.

2 Likes

I hate the interior design trend that Volvo is doing. It screams cheap and barren (like EX30). EX90 doesn’t have the same feeling, but that doesn’t feel as nice as XC60 or XC90 to me.

Looks like I’ll be getting a new XC60 once my extended warranty ends at 100k (we love high mileage commutes that make leasing impossible).

1 Like

Surprised you didn’t do the unlimited miles on the warranty if you have long commute. I don’t recall the price difference being materially different (through Steingold Volvo at the time though not local dealer).

They’ve made an awfully attractive Mazda…. ::running and ducking::

1 Like

Not sure where you see Mazda there :thinking:
Volvo is the only one with their unique designs, IMO.

1 Like

this looks like a polestar 3 (which looks great) with the steering wheel from a lincoln.

Polestar is still Volvo and rectangle is rectangle lol

Its giving me “I’m pretending to be a Range Rover” vibes.

Don’t see it. RR is also has unique designs.

2 Likes

Thin, large tails with bold brand lettering. Range Rover has done it for decades (and used to be one of the very few). Now there are many others following suit.

Same with the LED DRL’s. I can recall a time when you only saw those on higher end and/or German cars. Now eco plastic shit boxes have them lol. I’m not picking on Volvo either, they do make some nice vehicles.

Audi was the first to use LED lights. And I’m not defending Volvo lol

1 Like

But will you be getting one?

This is the only design mistake I think. JUST GIVE US NORMAL DOOR HANDLES! I assume as it sticks out it might skirt around China’s new retractable door handle ban. Maybe it’ll feel natural in person but I’m v.skeptical!

1 Like

You think the the EX90 interior (and EX60) is inferior to the XC60/90? Very surprising. Stepping into our ‘24 XC90 I’m reminded how dated it feels. Sure some of the materials are still nice, but the whole dash layout and front row spacing is so cramped. Even with the larger screen in the refreshed XC models, EX90 much nicer place to be IMO from a quality of materials, layout, spacing, and (especially) road noise standpoint .

2 Likes

What’s the monthly payment that he needs to get into one?