Volvo Evaporator Issue (2020 V60 CC)

I own a 2020 Volvo V60 CC and it seems I may be victim to the common evaporator cracking issue. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue recently with their 2020 or older SPA models. There were a lot of good deals to be had with these cars in 2020, not sure how many of y’all purchased yours afterward.

From my research seems like it is a $4k-$6k repair through the dealer, or a decent sized headache to try to tackle yourself. I’ve read some people have been able to get Volvo to cover the repair under their goodwill policy, but not sure if that’s a risk I want to take.

I’d suggest a Volvo-specific forum or the Volvo and XC60 subs on Reddit.

I doubt anyone has an out-of-warranty Volvo on LH :person_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Common issue with SPA cars, discussed on Swedespeed (running joke SPA volvos are an AC condenser with a car built around it). This is why you never want to own one out of warranty.

https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/spa-ac-evaporator-leak-what-do-you-want-to-know-or-learn.694435/?post_id=8370351#post-8370351

https://www.swedespeed.com/posts/8448556/

You can always ask volvo for goodwill but you are 2+ years out of warranty. Good local mechanic?