Volvo Car Financial Services Buyout Issues - Advice Requested

The point is that you’re trying to find a congressman to go scream about fraud to because the bank is honoring the contract you signed.

2 Likes

Thank you for that advice. I will look further into in preparation. :+1:t2:

Contract or no contract, the terms make no actual sense and solve no real world problem what so ever. Just because someone signs something buried in a contract, doesn’t mean it’s not fraudulent. It absolutely deserves to be addressed by someone moving forward.

Lead the charge, you are clearly fired up. Hire a lawyer get a class together, take on the man.

6 Likes

I bet you’ll never lease another Volvo again lol

You seem very salty rn.l, I get it. Just take a step back and take a deep breath.

These guys are trying to help you, so listen to the responses you get here.

You have the option to buy it out yourself. Yes, it’ll be a pain in the arse as you’ll have to take a loan out most likely and pay sales tax but once you title it, it’s yours. Volvo is out of the picture. You can sell it to whomever you please.

Have you gone out to all the car buying vendors to see what they’ll pay? You’ll get an idea if you have any equity (or negative equity) .

Just an FYI … This is why people steer clear of Volvos. No lease transfer, no 3rd party buyouts or even the dealer buyout . When you lease one, ya better be sure you can hold onto it for the full term, etc

Good luck !

7 Likes

You signed a contract that states that you read the terms and conditions and agree to them. A year in you’re claiming you don’t agree to them and that they are “fraud”. Everyone on this forum is telling you your only recourse is to buy the vehicle yourself or stick out your lease to the end of the term AS PER YOUR CONTRACT. Take this as a lesson to read everything you sign and move on with your life.

2 Likes

What are you talking about? Makes zero sense

undue harm for literally zero benefit<<<<<

Are you randomly placing words in a sentence? WTF are you even talking about?

1 Like

Can you explain what is fraudulent about the bank not allowing you to sell their property to an independent business?

I understand being annoyed by it, but there’s a huge difference between something that is annoying and something that is fraud.

Also, just because their actions don’t make sense to you, doesn’t mean they don’t make sense to their business.

8 Likes

Fraudulent and illegal are definitely up to a court to decide, but making the consumer jump through the hoops of having to purchase outright, pay the tax, title the car when the sole intention is to sell it to their own dealership (which wants to buy it in the first place) which just will ultimately incur yet another round of taxing for literally zero purpose is definitely undue harm and bordering on fraud in my opinion (full disclosure I’m not the court, obviously). Forcing someone to incur an undue tax liability of a few thousand dollars is definitely WRONG and should be brought to the attention of someone with the power to change such a situation (congressperson).

How does this situation make any sense to ANYONE’s business? I’m all ears. The way I see it, it hurts their brand, it hurts their dealers, and it 100% hurts their customers. Like someone above mentioned… you can bet I will never own, lease, or otherwise mess with a Volvo ever again.

Every captive that I know of is limiting a lessee’s ability to sell to a 3rd party in some way or another. Looks like you are buying your next car.

1 Like

How is it fraud? It’s not even your car. You’re renting it from VCFS.

I’m not sure op knows what fraud means.

6 Likes

Pc mike will never be a lawyer. You just cant make crap up and call it fraud. Spend more time on the law and less time on your “feelings” about “what should be”

3 Likes

Exactly. I can understand his frustration, but this thread is pointless. Read your contract. OP isn’t entitled to do whatever he wants just because he thinks VCFS is screwing him.

2 Likes

So what happens during normal circumstances when cars depreciate more than the residual value? Do you consider that to be fraudulent because the financial arm did not charge you enough?

4 Likes

it still boggles my mind that your team has been in first place in that division for so long. unbelievable.

2 Likes

We got tired of even years.

2 Likes

Did you study bird law?

7 Likes