Volvo C40. Is this a good lease?

wow that’s bad, I got $15.5k off an XC40 and you are only getting 10k off a C40?

2 Likes

Because you are throwing a trade into the deal, we can’t assess it properly. For all we know, they are overallowing on the trade and giving less of a discount, for example. Have you gotten other values on your RAV to compare to? And is $37k the true, correct payoff?

2 Likes

I will reach back out to them. I will say that the payoff amount for the current car is about 37 and change. So technically full payoff and I am including this in my email as well. So agreeing that they will pay it off. My current bank doesn’t allow me to see the payoff amount. They have to process it and send me a letter. First and last time I think I will deal with Ally Bank because of this.

I am also considering leaving this on pause and exploring a Lexus to see if they can do something better for me. Althought the dealers I’ve spoken to, say they are not doing much in terms of deals.

My thought too. It’s awfully suspicious when a dealer can do a trade in allowance for the exact same price the buyer owes on the vehicle.

KBB says trade in value is about 40k. Again, they haven’t seen the vehicle in person.

The only reason I haven’t gone to the dealership is because I was exploring all deals in my area and in a previous lease deal I tried to do, the dealership was holding me hostage and would not give me my keys back and it was the most awkward feeling. They appraised my car and took the keys and kept trying to push me and wouldn’t give me the keys. Did not like that whatsoever.

FYI, Ally charges different buyout to third parties. And get other buy offers on your car so you can properly assess the deal.

Oh I don’t blame you. I’m doing the same.

Crest should be able to do much better than this. There’s also a DFW Volvo dealer here on the forum, check with him/her

I’d shop the trade in around to other dealers and the various 3P sites available, and may be best to keep the trade in separate from the lease deal.

As far as the quote on the C40, i’m not sure which additional rebates you qualify for, but you can use the pre-incentive discount of my recent deal as a proxy.

Have you considered a broker?

1 Like

This is Crest Volvo. Others didnt even get remotely close to that payment.

Never considered or heard of a broker. Can you explain or point me in the right direction?

push for 10%+ discount pre-incentive. I just did a deal there at the end of April. It was about 10.4% discount pre-incentive

Can you share your numbers? Also this is the top model of the C40. Did you end up with Plus or Ultimate?

What are you looking to do upgrade from the rav4 to the c40?

Do you like the rearview of the C40 from having a Rav4? The back window/cargo is pretty small on a C4

Unlike his rav 4 the c40 doesn’t even have leather. Don’t know if we can call it an upgrade.

A limited trim rav 4 is often loaded

1 Like

Well I don’t consider ‘seat material’ when comparing cars (though I don’t like the suede in the XC40). I compare more visual things like mirrors / windows / cargo space/ headroom.

1 Like

Ive owned a Volvo before and I like it. I got rid of it becuase I thought I was moving to NYC, but that didn’t happen.

I don’t carry lots of stuff but my dogs and I think that they have plenty room.

1 Like