Volkswagon 2021 Atlas Cross Sport SE R-line w/tech

From NJ:

Shopping for a $0 money down lease for 10k/36 or 12k/36 for the 2021 VW Atlas Cross Sport SE R-line w/ tech.

Same model/extras showing on Edmunds: |MSRP|$42,550|
|Edmunds suggests you pay|$39,072|

Window sticker for the truck on the lot was $44,994
Advertisements online for same dealership showing $41,825 after incentives

Price I am getting “out-the-door” with no money down and no first-month payment: $519 a month for 36 months 10k allowance. (edited from 12 to 10)

My question is how much better ‘should’ they be able to do? I am thinking the sweet spot price should be $470-$480? I just do not want to give my price of $470-480 and be way too low (unrealistic) or right on average and have them bounce around it for 3 hours straight.

From Edmunds, I am seeing the MF should be .00049 with 57% residual valu, and having $1400 dealer lease cash.

Any input or direction on where to look at next would be greatly appreciated!

Search my post I just bought one. Se 4motion. But I’m in so cal.

I just took a look at the post - and also saw you were from cal - the MSRP is def. much different from what I’m seeing on the East coast. Aside from the numbers, how are you enjoying it? I would love to be at around $400-450…

You should figure out what a good deal would be before contacting dealers. Read leasing 101, get mf, rv and incentives from edmunds, search for comparable deals for discount off msrp then use the calculator.

I recently purchased a ‘21 Atlas Cross Sport SE w/tech, R-Line, 4motion, V6. I think MSRP was $44,450. It’s got the pano roof and homelink mirror. I’m paying $429/month for a 39/15K. I paid first month DAS. I did trade in a Jeep Grand Cherokee that had $2600 equity which I also applied towards the vehicle.

1 Like

That is where I am double-checking the outcome of everything you suggested (leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volkswagen&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=44994&sales_price=41825&months=36&mf=.00049&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=699&taxed_inc=1400&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=57&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=6.625&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&totalLeaseTax_radio=true&bmw_demo_25=true)

The calculations were taken from the Edmunds MF, rv and incentives from Edmunds, and if I don’t guestimate the final sales price (below MSRP), I’m getting a monthly payment a little higher than what I was intiially quoted (with zero negotiation, just shopping). Trying to figure what a good deal would be, rather than guessing, but ultimately I would need to know what sale price I should start with (or shoot for) to ultimately get to the $470-480 montly payment I am picking out of the air.

When you look through comparable shared deals and market place listings here on lh, what do you find for a target pre-incentive discount percentage?

Confused on the pre-incentive discount percentage. With what I assume are including the pre-incentive discounts, I am seeing a range of 6.8% - 15.2% on the handful of comps I could search that are similar (although not all exactly equipped / model). I was mainly basing the MSRP and final price I ‘should’ pay from Edmunds.

The only useful information from Edmunds is mf/rv/incentives. Forget everything else on their site exists.

You want to look at share deals and market place postings here to identify what kind of pre-incentive discount the market is currently supporting. Then you can roll in whatever incentives, etc apply to your personal situation to sort out your cost. This will give help inform you as to what an actual good deal is. You need to know where you’re trying to get to.

The problem I am finding in searching for comps in the ‘share deals’ and ‘market place’ areas are the specific options and/or the Atlas versus the Atlas cross sport and then factoring in the age of the posting leaves very little to get a feel for the pre-incentive discount the market is currently supporting. From what I saw, it seems that 10-12% pre-incentive discount should be my goal, but that is based on rough comps and comments based on the share deals postings, etc.

Options are irrelevant. You’re just trying to get a general idea for the model. 10-12% sounds about in line with what I vaguely recall seeing.

So in reality, my ballpark $470 payment will be the goal based on the 10-12% off msrp leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volkswagen&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=44000&sales_price=39100&months=36&mf=.00049&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=699&taxed_inc=1400&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=57&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=9&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&totalLeaseTax_radio=true&bmw_demo_25=true

Or am I misinterpreting the data imputted into calculator?

Looks about right if rv/mf/incentives check out

2 Likes

Now getting a price from dealer for:

Sale price $40372
MF .000049
out-the-door number $43,280 (including tax, tags, licensing)

39 months 10k a year

$509 a month

Thoughts? msrp sticker

Or should I close this thread and transition to the ‘deals’ section?

I just got the following deal outside of Denver:

2021 Atlas Cross Sport SE R-line w/ tech - Pure Grey
Down Payment: $0
Lease Term: 39 months
Monthly Payment: $534
Incentives: First month free (so only pay 38 months of lease), reducing the avg. monthly payment to ~$520/mo

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.