Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T SE $285+Tax Good deal? Please help

Sure. The discount promised was $4k and the fees were rolled out into the payment. So the above includes all the fees(doc, acq, dmv title, smog, etc) and I still have to pay the fee in NV DMV being out of state. They also rolled out the one way ticket for CA to NV into the payment. I was just confused on the rent amount. which seems to be there in others as well, but they include it in the payment before tax which probably I was not ware of I guess.

I’m surprised you can’t get a deal in Cali, can’t find 4 motion?

4 Motion doesn’t have 3rd row as standard which is my main requirement than the 4 motion :slight_smile:

But fwd does have it standard, I’d imagine tons of fwd in cali

Oh I got what you are saying. The CA region has the quotes in the range of $350 even for a non sunroof package which has $1k less MSRP. Some offer $310 or so but not this close with sunroof. I am still debating if this is worth flying and driving(8hrs) to SoCol. I will also ask about the $489 fees which he rolled into the payment. I believe this is the DMV fee for the one way ticket to NV but not sure. Below was my sheet before the rollout of fees into payment.

MSRP 29,855.00
Adjusted MSRP 29,855.00
Residual % 56.00
Residual - Actual 16,718.80
Agreed Upon Value 25,855.00
Acquisition Fee 675.00
Capitalized Cost - Gross 26,530.00
Cap Cost - Reduction 45.16
Capitalized Cost - Adjusted 26,484.84
Depreciation Payment 271.28
Rent Payment 28.51
Payment - Tax 23.23
Payment 323.02
Term 36.00
Number Of Payments 36.00
Money Factor - Sell 0.00066
Money Rate - Sell 1.58
Money Factor - Buy 0.00066
Money Rate - Buy 1.58
Cap Cost - Reduction 45.16
Tax On Cap Cost - Reduction 3.50
Payment 323.02
Registration Fee(s) 21.00
Doc Fee 85.00
Sales Tax - Doc Fee 6.59
California Tire Fee 8.75
License Plate Fee 30.00
Amounts Due (Drive-Offs) 523.02
Cash Down 200.00
Rebates 323.02
How to Pay Amounts Due 523.02
Advance % 88.86

I assume you’ve seen this already

Yes, I did and tried to work with him but for some reason he did not want to make a deal. May be because it;s out of state and the response were not encouraging to discuss a deal and I started to work with the others directly from edmunds and the dealer web sites passing on quotes back and forth.

If you can get numbers close to that sheet you’re doing pretty good, throw partner program in and it’s another $500 off. Post your calculator link and I’ll take a look at it compared to what you have posted. And the third row is definitely for small kids for around town drives

Sure. I really appreciate that. I will add it to calculator and post it. I will also refer this number since you brought this up for reference. Those numbers had $450 drive off which is not the case here which I will consider making my numbers to see how close I am.

I am still learning to make these numbers make sense for me, despite spending lot of time on forum reading threads and thinking that I know everything now but apparently not :slight_smile:

You should be able to go lower on the selling price

I got my SE 4 motion for 24,6xx before tax

oh ok. what was your msrp?

In want to say 29,7 or about sorry it’s been a couple months. I actually got it down to 24,2 with the graduate bonus

Got it, I will push for this. Thanks for the info. So your has sunroof package then? the default SE comes in 28k range. with sun roof it gets closer to 30k.

Yup panoramic sunroof, first aid kit and the cargo net. No third row

Hmmm… That’s 4 motion too then? FWD always come with 3rd right?

Finally, I figured out the numbers he gave. I also noticed an error in his numbers when he tried to roll down the drive off amount into the second quote (the one in my original post), he added 400+ which is the original registration fee to register the vehicle in CA, but forgot that mine only requires the title fee and one way ticket fee, which is around 59.75. Going based on the second quote which has the correct fees, this is how it looks like.
MSRP 29,855.00
Sale Price: 25,855.00 (4K discount - 13%)
Residual: 56%
Cap Cost: 45.16 (down payment)
Doc Fee 85
DMV fees: 59.75
First Month payment: 300+tax but given as rebate again, due to sign and drive program. But no lease cash/rebates provided unless he added them as part of the MSRP discount.

Effectively payment $300 + Tax
Drive off Amount: 189.91+Tax (No first month payment)

The numbers still look better than the SoCol dealer posting here which is for $28k MSRP with $450 drive off and $269 pm. $1755(MSRP difference)/35 months $50 pm. which comes around $269+$50 = $319. $19 extra than the above quote.

Below is the lease calc numbers: The only thing it doesn’t allow me to do is to add the first month drive off as free. So the total lease amount goes down like this ($12,217 - $325). Lease hacker score of 8 years or 8.x (with first month free I guess).

So what equipment does this one have, msrp looks too cheap for sunroof, 3rd row and 4motion

It is FWD only. So 3rd row is Standard and sunroof package. Not 4MO.

Lease cash is $1375, if you could push them another $500 and qualify for this

http://www.vwpartnerprogram.com/vw/partner/program/partner/program

You’d have yourself a hackr deal, put you right around $300/month

I actually have to thank you for the partner program reminder yesterday. I was not aware and I did a quick research and my wife’s employer might qualify. She works for MS client but not a direct employee of MS. But she has their MS ID card and email address which should be good enough for this right? I am actually trying to match this deal with one of the CA dealer now to make the trip shorter and we are talking about $266 before this program. I will have to confirm the details in written to make sure there is no catch, That would be a killer deal I suppose with the same MSRP for SE FWD with sunroof package.