Volkswagen lease buy out / trade in

Okay so hopefully I give all the info that’s needed

Basically, my wife is looking to get out of her 2020 vw tiguan lease and get into a new jeep lease

I know Volkswagen is very strict on 3rd party buy outs so I would have to sell the car to a Volkswagen dealership. Has anyone done that?

How would that work?

In this market I obv do have “positive equity” in the car… what if I just take it to Volkswagen and sell the car back and walk away to go to jeep?

What problems could I run into ?

you can sell it to a vw or an audi dealer. I’ve had good luck with Audi of South Orlando personally.

that they know they’re a captive market and lowball you. I would at least get offers from carvana,vroom, shift etc so you know the market value.

You got to the VW Used Car dealer (not new) and say, how much for you to buy my least Tiguan.
If it is over their payoff, (which should be the same as yours), then you get a check for the difference.

However

If you don’t have at least 3 quotes from 3rd parties you will never know if they are cheating you.
Their number should be near the 3rd parties or within a few thousand. Otherwise you can make money buying / selling it.

How many months do you have left on your lease term? Just curious as I have been wondering the same.

Pickup buyout quotes from a radius of VW Dealer’s take the highest positive equity buyout and dump some into a new deal or purchase buyout yourself and sell to 3rd party. You’re allowed to just sell the vehicle to the VW Dealer and walk away.

1 Like