VIN Specific Select Inventory Bonus Cash (FCA)

According to Autobytel, FCA has introduced ‘VIN Specific Select Inventory Bonus Cash’ for some trucks. I am interested in the Ram 1500 Big Horn and Jeep Gladiator.

I am assuming this is tied to how long a car has been on the lot. What is the threshold for how long it must sit before it is eligible? Maybe some CJDR dealers/brokers can chime in?

I don’t want to ask the dealer if a specific vehicle is eligible every time.

1 Like

If it’s customer cash and not dealer cash, it should be listed on the dealers website with other incentives. When Ford/Volvo has done the same you can see it right online when looking at the specific car.

From what I’ve been able to find out so far the car must have a sales code of “49B”, whatever that means in CDJR land.

That would make the most sense but this is FCA.

I looked at two gladiators sitting for 250+ days so I assume they’d be elegible. However, nothing shows up on the website.

Any brokers/dealers that could go into more detail about this?

I think we’ll learn more about it in the coming days, but my guess is that this can be used as an additional rebate similar to what GM used to do with Bonus tags. I briefly researched the issue and it seems that CDJR dealers have the ability to attach a particular “sales code” to a VIN. There might be certain requirements that need to be met, but that’s my best guess on what’s going on here. I found a few Gladiators listed online in various parts of the country that specifically mentioned this additional discount and the terms and conditions. They were all Rubicons that I saw, which may mean something, or nothing. I could see a dealer being inclined to try to use this to move higher priced, higher margin inventory if push came to shove, and they have the power to allocate it however they choose.

3 Likes