Very disappointed with Infiniti - Lease buyout Carmax/Carvana/Vroom

Nope nothing, the Nissan dealer asked for the VIN and gave the Carmax guy the payoff amount over the phone and confirmed there’s no other fees. The payoff was exactly the same as you would get online btw.

How long ago did you sell to carmax? Do you know if the sale/title transfer already went through? A Nissan finance rep just told me as of this week (5/3/21) they no longer allow 3rd party buyouts. But carmax had no problem getting the buyout amount from their automated service this week. So now I’m confused. Car max was ready to take my car and write me a check, but couldn’t give me an answer to what happens if when carmax’s financial office sends them the check for the buyout if they refuse to accept the payment… so I don’t know what to do.

A couple days ago, but when they were on the phone with Infiniti ,Carmax told them clearly that they were buying out the car lease and Infiniti didn’t seem to mind. I asked the Carmax rep what happens if they don’t accept the check but Carmax guy said it’s never happened and they but Infiniti all the time.

Was this before or after Monday of this week?

1 Like

I just spoke the Carmax call center, they said they deal with this all the time and there’s no worries

1 Like

@Thamer Can you give us an update on where you landed? If your account closed as yet?

Hey @matrix44, did you just offload your lease and walk away or did you take on another lease/purchase?

I know Autonation is currently buying up cars and wondering if they’ll take one without dealing a new one?

Just offloaded my lease. No new purchase.

They will definitely buy your car and should match Carmax.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Curious did you end up getting another car, what you move in to if that’s the case? Such a crazy time to sell and get into something else.

1 Like

We have a second 2019 QX60, and one car is enough for now since my wife and I both work from home. We’ll just buy this QX60 at the end of the lease in December as there are not a lot of options in that price range ($26.5k buyout), especially with only 13k miles on the car 8 months before the lease ends.

When we do need a second car, it will most likely be a smaller/cheaper car, and I am leaning towards electric. I really wanted a plug in hybrid to replace the QX60 once the lease expires, but it’s hard to compete with a $26.5k 2019 QX60 sill under warranty and with 16k miles (by then) on the odometer.

1 Like

It took about a month for IFS to close out my account. Turns out Vroom sent the check to the wrong address so that contributed to the delay. I had to call IFS a few times to stay on top of it. If you do sell your leased Infiniti to Vroom just make sure to they send it to the correct address and follow up with IFS frequently.

I sold a leased car to AutoNation a few weeks ago without buying a car from them. They were even able to match my Carvana offer which was $2k+ what AutoNation had initially offered me. It was a very easy process. I picked the nearest AutoNation dealership to me and dropped off my car there and received a check on the same day.

@elahmad what does NILT stand for?

Just got the same answer from 3 representatives at Infiniti/ Nissan finance. A notice went out to everyone and they will stop allowing third party buyout beginning 05/10! Anything that was processed prior to 5/10 will be approved by them, they understand the situation, and will be flexible with those deals that have already been completed at third party dealerships. It was a consistent answer with different agents, they finally seem to know what’s going on.

3 Likes

Phew! Same here! My payoff check arrived at NMAC today instead of Monday 5/10 so they said I’m in the green and my check will be deposited in a few days and not to worry about my May 15 due date. I’ll still pay close attention.

ALGo paid $16.6K , without sales taxes so I’ve put aside some of the positive equity in the event that the taxes must be paid. That’s the number NMaC gave them but I said I can’t go wrong by putting aside the tax in case needed. I was expecting $1000 positive equity but it ended up being $2000+ so I still win.

Great! My Carmax check might not arrive for another week but Infiniti put a note on the account that the deal was done on May 4th, and said they understand that it takes time for the checks to come after the car is sold.

thats what I got from Carvana regarding my infiniti

"Thank you for taking the time to submit your vehicle for a value with Carvana. At this time, we are not able to move forward with purchasing your leased vehicle as Carvana’s policy does not align with (US Bank / Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp/ Infiniti / Ford / Ally Financial/ Volvo/ Lincoln/Tesla)'s policies, and this prevents us from being able to purchase leased vehicles from this provider. "

Sold it to ALGO

Carvana hasn’t accepted/worked with Nissan or Infiniti for at least 6 months that I know of. I think they either saw this coming or knew how big of a PITA is to deal with.

I really like infiniti cars, but end of lease is always headache. These cars never give you positive equity, so returning is only option. After 39 months tires need to be replaced, plus little scratches or dents. With deposition fee it cost you 1500-1800$ to return it

How’s Stockholm this time of year?

1 Like

It’s been like that for well over a year as far as I know. I tried selling my infinity lease to carvana over a year ago and it was declined by Carvana for the same reason others have stated. I am not sure why Vroom was able to work with IFS but not Carvana…