V90 CC T5 Lease Offer

Hello hackers!

Lurker here looking to get a deal on a V90 CC. I’ve gotten in touch with a local dealer (Metro Detroit area - 48083) who has a V90 CC T5. I qualify for Volvo A-Plan as well.
MSRP: 58,925
Selling Price: 49,662 - includes all incentives
MF: .00069 (provided by dealer)
RV: 30,641

Dealer offered the following payments:
$1000 (includes Acq fee) due at signing: $673/mo
$3000 (includes Acq fee) due at signing: $615/mo

I plugged the numbers into the LH calculator (see link below) and I’m getting 471/mo with 955 DAS. Not sure what’s going on here, but I’d definitely take it for the 471/mo :slight_smile:

Any thoughts on how I could reach that 471/mo magic number?

V90 CC Lease Calculator

You have calc set at 62% residual. $30,641 is not 62% of $58,925. It is 52%.

1 Like

Start with .00029 MF. And what @Qbrozen said.

Did they give you the selling price? If it’s VIN 8518, the A-Plan price should be $49,862, but that can be their mistake if they quoted you that. As mentioned before the 36/12 RV is 52% and your calculation was adding the acq fee to the selling price.

You’d be doing them a huge favor by leasing it through A-Plan, so work them for the 0.00029 MF. Tweaking your calculation, I get $571 + tax = $605/mo. I wouldn’t recommend putting any money down, as you’re borrowing it at 0.7% (hopefully). Plus GAP insurance is included.

If you put down 5 MSDs, the payment drops to $584 and you’d add a deposit of $3,000 to the cash due at signing. Good deal if you have the cash.

Or 6% off + $5,750 incentives and a-plan cash brings you within ~$20 from $49,662. Just saying…

Yes, the selling price they gave me is also what they have listed on their website and the sales rep said it includes all incentives (didn’t mention which ones). My target was to go below 500/mo with whatever is due at signing out of pocket. It seems like I’d need a negotiated price of approximately 45k to reach that number. It’s one of two CCs they have on the lot, and the only 2018. I guess I could wait it out until December, maybe they’d be willing to negotiate further. Would I be better off trying for a similar msrp 2018 xc90? The scarcity of CCs in our area is ridiculous, there are about 5 or so available in a 100 mile radius.

If they had the same listed price then it was based on $6,750 purchase incentives + 4.26% dealer discount.

Wait, you can apply purchase incentives to a lease?

No, you can’t. You said their advertised sales price was the same they gave you on the lease - $49,662

It would cost them around $4k to discount the price $1, so I wouldn’t count on it. That kind of discount is extremely painful and leaves probably no room for a deeper discounting.

If it’s the VIN I suggested, they have already not charged the $200 advertising, assuming the car was invoiced to the dealer that currently has the car. The price you have is correct for the car if there’s no advertising charged.

Probably the only way to get a lower payment is with a loaner.

Sounds like it may be best to just wait it out or try to find a loaner. Thankfully I’m not in a hurry at the moment. Also, it seems like purchasing may be a pretty decent option given the price, but I’m not sure how newer Volvos will pass the test of time. One last thing: would it be too much if I asked them for 15% off MSRP, then apply the 5750 incentives (is that possible even)? That seems to get me to where I need to be.

A-plan invoice price (6% off) does not include advertising, does it? If you don’t go with the a-plan, they sure will tell you that their invoice includes advertising fee on top of 6%, bringing it to ~5% off MSRP. Not sure why you bring advertising into the a-plan deal.

If they give you more than 6% off, they will lose the $3,000 A-Plan incentive, so no.

A-Plan is supposed to include advertising.

They will lose their 2% commission if they go below 6% a-plan, $1,178 in this case.

But it doesn’t. No? You said before that advertisement fees differ by region. But a-plan price is national, so it does not include advertisement. Can you clarify?

Not right now, but in a few hours. Advertising does vary, and I’m pretty sure the commission is on base MSRP.

FWIW I wasn’t getting much off any loaner V90CC, I just gave up after repeated 800+ quotes.

Cool, thanks. Yes, commission is on MSRP, 2% of $58,925 on this car.

A-Plan is calculated on invoice (including advertising) minus incentives minus A-Plan incentive. I’ve seen advertising range from $0 to $750. On the OP’s V90 T5CC it’s $200, assuming the car was invoiced originally to the dealer he’s talking to. If his dealer has $0 advertising and got the car on trade, I could see the A-Plan price being $49,662, as they probably netted it out of their cost in the trade because the car they gave the other dealer had no advertising.

The commission is 2% of base MSRP, not $58,925. Let me know if need proof on that. It’s really not relevant to a buyer/lessee, anyway.