Used car market on the brink of a collapse

Interesting thread for anybody interested

https://twitter.com/grahamstephan/status/1542860348742836225?s=21&t=YIw-Kxnj-TVv1Nzh7W_erg

4 Likes

Maybe for basic cars
But speciality/rare cars everyone thinks they got a damn unicorn

8 Likes

I realize your headline is just repeating the lede, but holy hyperbole.

A 5.5% severe delinquency rate is the muck that Santander cools off in.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m here for a correction. The dumb money is just starting to learn how dumb it was.

13 Likes

Don’t forget Cali about to get stimulated again :money_mouth_face:

9 Likes

wtf is wrong with the state

2 Likes

Budget surplus.

5 Likes

$250 :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Hopefully he is right and I can finally buy my son a car, prices were still stupid last month for clapped out s*it boxes(and way over retail for things that weren’t clapped out)

11 Likes

Used cars are still so supply constrained and are likely to continue to be for years that used market isn’t really anywhere near any major correction. It’ll certainly cool off a tad but brink of collapse is utterly absurd.

5 Likes

Just enough to fill the tank and take my girl out for taco stand burritos.

7 Likes

Also, invoking 2008 housing crash is market fear mongering 101. There’s way more evidence that the used car market is nothing like the 2008 housing crash than the other way around.

7 Likes

Easier to say what isn’t. :sweat_smile:

Shame because geographically it’s a national treasure. :frowning:

4 Likes

Can’t wait to spend my $750 bucks on 3 tanks of gas for the TRX!

7 Likes

Filled up the expedition today took $128 at Costco 21 gallons :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Filled up the TESLA yesterday… it cost me exactly $0 :joy: at the local L2 charger

9 Likes

Oh wow, another hyperbolic Twitter “influencer” making clickbait prognostications riddled with logical holes to get attention for a pathetic newsletter.

The real reason why “more people aren’t talking about this”? Because this comparison to the ‘08 mortgage crisis is preposterous… :laughing:

19 Likes

Before social media, this nobody was just a crazy man screaming on a street corner. But he went and got a headshot and a Twitter account and now we should heed him!

9 Likes

It’s mildly hyperbolic but will happen IMO. Fundamentally comparable where you have subprime loans on vastly overvalued products which are going to abruptly contract.

I agree with him.

2 Likes

Years ? No way, I will take opposite side of that bet.

1 Like