Used car dealer fees in GA - are they negotiable?

Hello Hackrs - I’m in GA and going to buy a used 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV premier with Super Cruise. It’s at a non-Chevy dealer they must have gotten on a trade in.

This dealership charges $199 electronic reg fee and $899 doc fee. Are these negotiable? Or is it easier to negotiate a deeper discount? For reference, this can has been on the lot 46 days.

Negotiate deeper discount

Worry about the discount, not the fees, and when they tell you the discount is already great, remind them that it’s being made up for with an $899 doc fee.

1 Like

Hold up ! You are buying a used EV ?

2 Likes

$899 DOC fee??!! :rage:

That’s outrageous… I’d be headed out the door!

46 days on the lot… obviously not much demand…

….

Why? Who cares?

1 Like

May I introduce to you to the state of New Jersey?

1 Like

Check Florida :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

More like the State of Florida.

1 Like

Isn’t florida just the southern most part of the tri-state area?

2 Likes

Still can’t beat Florida. Everytime I browse around autotrader, I always find cheaper car in Florida, not a bargain after the dealer fees LOL.

Even before inventory shortages, 46 days is not a big deal.

But a used Bolt EUV? Lots of folks on LH scratching their heads lol

1 Like

That is true, the Northeast is NY/NJ/FL

It kinda was moreso when people could still afford second homes on middle class/tradesman income.

That will change as the boomers pass on.

FL & GA both have dealer fees ranging $699 - $1199 but we never head out the door. Just aim for a discount that already includes that fees in it.

1 Like

GA dealers won’t remove it. Instead focus on negotiating the OTD price down to account for the doc fee.

Doc fees are like taxes. They always there.

MSRP Sales Price, Addons, Interest, those are always negotiable (Well interest depends but can be negotiated if the right credit is met).

Also did you confirm it’s a 1 owner car so you can claim the $4k rebate?

The used ev rebate, can you claim it if you’re the 3rd owner and the 2nd owner never claim that?

It’s by date, if the 2nd person bought it after 8/16/2022, then no bueno.

But there’s a loophole which is ‘qualiified’ so if the 2nd purchase was over $25k, and the 3rd was under…then you could do it.

2 Likes

Not Msrp. The sales price.