Usbank wear and tear lease policy

Recent US Bank return experience:
Autovin came and did an inspection. Did not mark anything out of order aside from my missing key and need for rear tires.

US bank statement had a single line for wear and tear. I called them and they broke it down to the key autovin marked and the tires autovin marked. No issues at all since I took a pic of the keys with the tow truck driver who came to grab the car. Faxing them the invoice of tires shortly. We are all square. No issues whatsoever.

YMMV. For the record, this was no different than my Volvo return with VFS (a captive).

2 Likes

Not on a comp claim. I have never had a comp claim increase my rates…deer hits, windshields or the pesky rodent that thought my main wiring harness was prime rib. YMMV I suppose, and it would be dependent on the insurer, what their glass policy is and the deductible (if applicable) to repair.

1 Like

I have never had an inspection done after the one by AutoVIN or other company a week or two prior to the turn in. In my experience, the cars get turned in at a dealer, picked up and sent to auction.

Whoever said take a video at lease turn is offers great advice. When you leave your car at turn in who knows what will happen. We had a GM lease and got a 600.00 bill in the mail for smoking in the car with a picture of ashes in the back seat. There was a car seat in that spot the entire time we had it and we have never smoked.

They did waive the charges after we disputed but the point is assume someone will joyride with your lease turn in. Take videos/pictures at turn in.

1 Like

Yes I always take a good 3-5 minute video of all my cars in HD before returning them. They can sit on the dealer lot for days before being moved. Anything can happen

1 Like

Any insight on US Bank wear and tear in regards to truck beds? The exterior of my tundra is flawless but, being as though my 2017 limited didn’t come with a liner, has some scratches in it from hauling stuff. I have looked online but really didn’t find anything on it.

Was even thinking of getting a OEM tundra plastic liner before the inspection.

That’s a tough one. Beds are normal wear and tear but I’m sure the scratches are bigger then a credit card or whatever metric they use. I’d get the preinspection and if they hit you for over $300 in damage then add the cover.

Im confused about their tire guide

Attached 1st pic explains what is considered as EXCESS… 2nd pic explains what is considered as NORMAL

the rears on my Jag are bald (fronts are fine…factory tires, have at least 4/32 thread)… Can i put any brand (Cooper, Nankang, Accelera…cheap brands basically) back there, long as they are OEM size and at least the same or better speed rating and wear rating?

Already checked ebay, craigslist, and used tire shops. Nothing good.

THANKS

Following up on my own question
I called US Bank and they said each tire can be a completely different brand, whether it’s on the same axle or not, as long as it’s the OEM size and meets or exceeds the speed rating and is 4/32” … wohoo for cheap overseas tires for $70 a pop!

1 Like

I called progressive they had safelite put a windshield in $100…
US Bank had AiM come and do an inspection. My tires are cupped but tread depth is 5/32nds or greater he didn’t charge for that. He also noted a cracked fog light and a ding in tailgate(smaller then a quarter in dim no paint). His report has no other charges except for windshield. I’ll video the truck at drop-off. Hopefully no issues with US Bank.

1 Like

I wanted to share my experience today with US Bank.

Just finished up the inspection – 2017 Black Dodge Durango. I know the car is in excellent condition, other than the one small, shallow dent in the LF fender. It’s about 4 inches long (definitely over 2"), and we believe it came from a rogue shopping cart a few months ago.

The AIM report shows LF Fender - Dent / No Paint Ding, 4"-5", and a labor charge of $127.50 and a paint charge of $151.20, for a total of $278.70. Since it is on the crease, I knew even paintless repair would be $150 or more, so I figured I’d see what they would charge.

I called US Bank, and got a very well informed person on the phone. I told them I was dropping the car tomorrow (in a different state) and gave them the location. I then asked about the inspection report, told them I had no issue with the labor charge, but was surprised there was a paint charge for something noted as “no paint”, and the paint isn’t broken.

The representative told me not to worry about it, and that since I am in NY, there would be no charge for that. She then went on to tell me that they only charge in NY for significant damages, and mentioned “a couple of thousand dollars of damages, for example, would be chargeable”. She also told me that they primarily do inspections in NY for re-marketing purposes.

Clearly, they have a specialized approach in NY, which probably relates to complaints made against their prior practices

This is good to hear. Hopefully they do this for all states and clear their name. Because they have amazing residuals but fear of the unknown is one of my clients biggest drawbacks with usbank.

With all these great Toyota truck leases, I have a question for Jrouleau426. The excess wear and tear policy that you offer for $600 is that through US Bank or a third party insurer? Can you give some policy details such as how much coverage, deductibles, etc?

I haven’t had great experiences with third party insurers in the past.

Thx!

I have no experience with it. I just get my clients a discount on it. The consensus here is that they’re all a rip off for the most part. I’ve never bought wear and tear personally

$600 is great. I would cost around $1,500.00 if you buy the wear and tear policy in full.

doesn’t depend on the company offering it? if using captive, i would buy it from the captive, but third party i would be wary. i was just wondering if us bank had their own wear and tear or if i had to buy from a third party. the other thing i was curious about is if us bank did offer it then how good and reasonable they were applying the coverage at turn in.
look forward to hearing your opinions!

Does a wear and tear policy have to be bought at the dealer?

Are there third party options? If there are, can you point me to some companies that offer this.

From what I know, US Bank does not offer wear and tear coverage. Therefore, you have to buy it from the third party warranty company that offers wear and tear coverage from the dealership.

Every dealership is different, so there can be a lot of room for negotiation. Just say I will pay a $100 over the cost and they will be happy to offer it to you at the price. I usually negotiate with my Director for the customer. My cost is $485 and I can offer it at $585, so at least the Director knows that I am getting F&I guys some warranty penetration.

who do you use at that price? what have your customers’ experiences been in getting warranty coverage? i find that it is never getting them to pay vs a captive warranty.