US Bank Lease Process Question

Hello!

I am in the process of hacking my first lease and the dealer I am working with will not quote me the US Bank lease without running my credit first. I am pretty sure that is BS and would rather not have the unnecessary credit pull ding my score while I am still looking if it doesn’t work out with these guys.

I know they can’t actually finalize anything without the pull, but just to give a starting MF and RV? Seems wrong to me, but maybe that is just how US Bank works?

The dealer doesn’t need to run credit to give you MF/RV or numbers, they want you to run credit because it gets you more committed to the deal which works greatly in their favor.

Don’t run credit until you have a deal you are 100% ready to move forward on with all the numbers ahead of time

That’s what I thought. Thanks Jeff

And just to make sure I have read everything right… with a US Bank lease any of the rebates/incentives that the dealer offers for a Cash Deal would also apply to the US Bank lease since it is basically US Bank buying the vehicle from the dealer in cash and then the lease agreement is between US Bank and myself? Same for any non-captive lender

Yes any applicable cash rebates can be used on a US Bank lease or other third party bank lease

US Bank is a pain in the ass. Just keep that in mind.

1 Like