US Bank Lease Buyout or Turn it in

Guys,

My amazing 2020 Toyota Tundra lease is coming to an end next week and I need some advice My ultimate goal is to get a 7 seater SUV but all the cars are ridiculously priced. My budget is around $40k.

I am considering my options -

Buy - Buyout Value is 41,400 and sell it in few months and sell in a few months. (I think I can break even)

Return the vehicle and find a used 2018/2019 - 7 seater SUV around $40k.

Is it worth going to the lease buyout hassle with USBank and selling it to some dealer or just return the vehicle and buy a used SUV.

What is the RV on the lease contract?

Howany months left?

Post the lease end portion of the contract. May help decipher.

Made my last payment the lease buyout is $36,800 + tax + $350 in junk fees. Seems like they added an extra $800 since the last months buyout quote. Will have to wait for the official letter.

I just bought mine out. Took them a few weeks process the payment and send the title. At least in Texas it’ll help me save on taxes with a trade

Can you share more about how you saved on taxes? If you bought the truck you paid taxes on the residual amount right? So if you traded it in - would you get credit for those taxes when purchasing a new or used vehicle in the same calendar year? Is there a time period you have to hit to be eligible?

Some states only tax the difference of the new car less the trade in amount. Not just the full purchase price of the vehicle being purchased.

I extended by lease with US Bank for a 2020 Honda Odyssey by 6 months (the maximum they would let me).