UPDATED: Tesla Lease 913/month on 108k msrp (zero CCR)

Normally id totally agree - leasing a tesla isnt a good move. In these cases, with 20+k in discounts, the leases are very attractive.

Additionally, new info i just got from my adviser (which he is verifying but ill post back) is they now allow zero down leases. So my lease on a 108k msrp is ~915/month with about 2k due at signing for fees and first month payment.

This is being missed by both of them in calculating lease vs buy.

It is my understanding and it appears my paperwork backs this up so far, Tesla applies the 7500 to the residual value in leases. My adviser confirmed that as well(but he’s not a financial guy so who knows) So I do see a benefit indirectly if I’m only concerned with payment. Obviously this artificially inflates the residual which can be a problem. I don’t believe that’s common for ev leases but it appears that’s what they do. I’ll update this post if I get conflicting info as I go through the process.

exactly… US Bank inflates the residual by $7,500 to account for the tax credit and make leasing a Tesla more tolerable… then they clobber you with an insanely high money factor.

This has the effect of buying your Tesla at lease end a very stupid move. You don’t get the 7,500 credit, because it’s used… plus you pay $7,500 to US Bank as a result of the inflated residual… basically costing you $15K

0 down and 915/ month I might take a look.

Here’s my referral link. Just got a Tesla 75D $100k MSRP for $760/month 15k miles. Really happy with the deal. Been waiting for a Tesla for about 3 years :blush:

Tesla Referral Code

Can you add more details? What state did you get the deal, sales price, options? I might rethink my test drive this Saturday after seeing this quote.

I leased a 90d, 108k msrp, 2 year lease, 12k miles, 920/month. 2500 total upfront which covered all the upfronts and a few hundred went to ccr. There are very few Models s’s and X’s around with big discounts stil that make good leasesl. If youd like a resource that can help locate them send me a PM and ill send you their contact.

1 Like

I think there are good deals to go around at this time cuz of the end of the third quarter.

The car has 50 miles on it and it was a showroom model. I’m in New Jersey

1 Like

Thanks for posting the details. If I can make my appt sat ill show them these deals and post what they say. We’re looking to get something in Dec.

That’s a great deal. Any drive offs? Post the details please. Even Tesla is under 1% rule

Would like to see how low a Model X gets

I was quoted a Model X 75 for about $970/month 15k miles

image007

For your model s what was the total out of pocket?

My friend this is not 970 a month. This is 7k down!! Add another 200 to the term … Pass on this. For 1k a month, you can get a Porsche 911… And if you need to get a tesla, the cost to own for a loan is theoretically lower than the lease cost, so it’s almost better to buy/finance.

• OF course, I say theoretically, since everyone knows that a 3 year old Model S Tesla will probably be worth 30k in 3 years …

I would be interested in that resource in NJ that can find teslas that will lease well.

Any help would be appreciated

I just sent you a pm!

Damn is love the X at that price but not 7k down

For me it was a total of 2500 up front fees. That covered fees, first month payment and approx 500 in down payment. That was just due to the initial deposit requirement of 2500 to reserve the one i found. For a Tesla lease to make sense, in my opinion, you need to be absolutely positive you are going to want to give the car back at the end and get a huge inventory discount, like 20k+. Even then, its a tough decision because the interest rate is so attractive on the buy and so ugly on the lease. Plus the tax credit on the buy is nice. That said, there are still some great leases out there but you have to be ready to pull the trigger as soon as you find one as they disappear very, very quickly.

I would also be interested in that contact that can find me a tesla that will lease well. Thank you