Updated BMW MSD policy

maybe someone at BMWFS forgot? IDK…just reporting what’s there.

Hey @bmw_dave, If I understand correctly, although BMWFS now allows loaner leases up to 7500 miles without the RV drop, you can’t use lease credits on cars > 5,000, correct (Lease/Owner’s choice at least)? Does that just include lease credits, or ANY rebate (loyalty/conquest/PenFed, etc…)?

I was gonna say, I’ve seen plenty of loaners lease this month that are under 4K miles.

We should re-confirm this.

ALL lease programs that used to be good up to 4999 miles are now good up to 7499 miles. This includes Lease Credit, Loyalty, Conquest, Corporate Sales Program, USAA/PenFed and Recent Grad Rebates. I’m not sure about Owner’s Choice though as we don’t have that program here in CA.

Any dealership that already had (or still has) a retired loaner <4k miles was able to get an exception since it was already retired. Going forward though, I don’t think you will see any dealership retire a unit before the 4k mile mark.

3 Likes

There are also executive demos that can be leased under 4k miles.

Currently are or will continue to be moving forward?

“Demo” can be misleading as there are some punched demos that have less than 50 miles on the odometer. Those typically wouldn’t get any additional savings like a true exec demo or loaner would get. But to answer your question, yes going forward Demo’s will also be good up to 7500 miles for new car programs.

What are the criteria for “true exec demo” @BMW_Dave ?

An Executive Demo car would be a car that was driven for a short time by one of the dealership’s senior managers (GM, GSM, Controller, etc) or one the BMW NA Corporate employees. These would never be low model cars like a 330i, X2, etc. I always laugh when someone calls in and asks, “Hey do you have any 3 Series demos?” When is the last time you saw a General Manager driving a 3 Series? Lol!

Typically these are the Grande Class vehicles like your 7, 8, X7 maybe a fully loaded M550i, X5 or something along those lines. The discount on those should be larger than on a new car but relative to the miles it has (anywhere between 300-7500 miles).

3 Likes

Thank you for that very informative reply @BMW_Dave :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

@BMW_Dave

Good Morning!

Do you know how the following scenario has worked in the past:

Client orders car in month X
During month X, BMW MSDs are worth Y each

Car arrives and BMW MSDs are now with Z each.

Like the programs from the month the credit app was submitted, does the MSD rate from that month also “stick”?

Thanks!

Good question! Since the MSD’s are not a “lockable” incentive I believe the client would be subject to the newer program guidelines from the month they take delivery.

I don’t know this for a fact and it would require a call to FS support but I do know that when they offer extra rebates (not your regular lease and loyalty credits) because of a stop sale recall on another model, those credits are not “lockable” and therefore wouldn’t be available at time of delivery if already expired. I’m sure that MSD’s are the same since that’s more of a lending guideline.

3 Likes

Thanks brother!

Figured I would ask due to the folks who ordered/locked Jan 4 and prior but haven’t taken delivery yet :slight_smile: