Updated: 2021 Acura FWD TLX A-Spec (469 incl taxes) 0 DAS 36/10k

What is your $380 number based on? What pre-incentive discount is required to get you there given the current programs as they apply to you?

Target deal is 380 0 das

Other people signed car for around 370 1700 down which is roughly low 400s

I appreciate advice but please give me an hour. I’ll be back

Take your time, don’t rush.

The only useful number from rutlelog’s deal to you, for the purpose of putting together a target deal, is 7.2. The monthly payment and das amount is irrelevant.

It really seems like you’re missing the point of the help you’ve been given, hyperfocusing on the numbers you were told to not pay attention to, and just throwing numbers at the wall.

Monthly payment is an output, not an input. You need to get the inputs right. Forget about the outputs.

I’m not trying to bash you. I’m trying to help you.

You really need to take a step back and get familiar with the inputs of a lease payment and the LH calculator or hand calculating a lease. @Rutlelog’s deal is totally incomparable to yours…different MSRP, different MF, different RV, different taxes, different fees. Your selling price discount is actually far better, if that is the correct number and not including incentives. You’re totally misusing the benchmark data and not understanding the inputs.

How on earth do you expect to get $380/mo $0 DAS? IMO you’re going to be blacklisted or ignored by every Acura dealer in your region.

Here is a very well respected broker from FL @mani_is_kool. He is at $438+tax plus first payment plus fees. Your target price is $4-5k below this. I don’t see $380/mo $0 DAS as being a reasonable target deal and I’m still very confused as to how you came up with that.

Where are you getting the 380 from? Rutelog’s deal is for 464 a mo at 7500 miles with a 7% dealer discount.

To get to where you want to be on the car you posted here you would need a 9% dealer discount before incentives. You cannot really compare the two deals at the moment, the needs and market are very different.

I put this calculator together for you, I guessed on the dealer doc fee and the government fees, but am a few dollars away from your posted numbers so it’s close to being within margin.

Right now, they’re offering you the car at MSRP with no discount. You need to understand the basics and the inputs for al ease deal to be able to identify how to help yourself and how to negotiate.

We know some dealer somewhere helped Rutelog on getting 7% discount so you have at least one data point. His RV should be different and so is the MF so it’s a different lease program.

First step is to confirm the MF and RV are correct as per the Edmunds forums.

1 Like

His selling price isn’t pre-incentive, it’s the $2500 conquest incentive and the $2085 “employee discount”, which may or may not be an incentive.

I see I am being tagged quite a bit here :grin:.

Completely unrelated deal - my deal just shows you more so a different trim level, different region with WAY different taxes, possibly different incentives, and I chose a much less mileage allowance while dealer paid first month (sign and drive) and I added on the a spec heated wheel accessory.

I’m not sure of the market in FL, but the FWD seem to be scarce here where I live so almost all are SH-AWD, but I do believe it’s a $2-3000 option but also raises the RV, iirc.

I hope it works out for you but you can’t simply take my deal, lower the selling price, and take the difference out of the monthly payments to achieve what you’re wanting to get. Way too many factors.

Also - it does seem like your employee discount (which is extremely good) + conquest (which was $2500 when I signed) are your only discounts, which is killing you.

Another approach you could go, again may vary from dealer to dealer, you could go for the base gray a spec color, which is NOT a $500 option like the Apex Blue I wanted, saves you money there. Also, it may be easier to deal on a car already on the lot at the dealer than it is to deal with having the dealer trade for the car, which is what I did.

Leasehackr 101 is your friend. Also the broker sections is your friend as well, look at your region, the car you want, and see where a broker is priced.

2 Likes

Okay I’m back. I apologize for unreasonable responses and lack of info. Let me explain everything. I just recently was able to figure out my work discounts and found auto ones. I went through TrueCar leasing benefits deals. It showed me a TXL FWD A-Spec with Modern Steel and Red interior. Priced right around 40,690 then only fee it showed was 799 doc fee. I really didn’t have much talk with him besides tell him color. He then told me sales price and then sent me a copy of deal. That’s what I asked him for his residual he priced car at and MF. What you see above is what I am just writing in from what I got from dealer. And wanted to post on here to see what he did, what more do I need to learn, what’s missing… ask around. As stated by @mllcb42 @chrishs2000 @StingerTT I need to learn more and you are all right. So that’s all I simply did was post this and wanted to see breakdown of it. My target deal was composed of me looking at Edmunds forum. Selling average selling price of car and what I have seen on here. Now could it be wrong. Possibly, 100. Maybe I’m doing my calculations wrong and that’s why I’m all down for the help, I’m just trying to learn at end of day and greatly appreciate all the help!

I didn’t do that lmao.

Stop what you’re doing.

Do this:

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and shared deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? Use this value.
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen

Come back with your calculator.

1 Like

Got it, will do.

Well I don’t appreciate you laughing about what was said when several of us are going out of our way in the middle of our day trying to help you FOR FREE.
I’m trying to give you some advice that nobody even mentioned and you want to laugh? You’re on your own buddy, do the leg work yourself. I’m shocked you’re an employee at a dealership and still have no clue what’s going on.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Wait I don’t know what you mean? I didn’t laugh in middle of conversation to make it seem as disrespectful. I was laughing thinking you joking with me at I was just taking your numbers and just throwing them in on car… and I work for retail store man. Not cars. This is my first ever car negotiation. I apologize if I meant any offense in that way!
I appreciate good luck!

I have a question, so based off the blogs. And some of your posts on some other TLX threads. You need to work out car discounts off MSRP. Pre-incentive like you were saying. So like conquest is incentive. That gets added after the discounts.

My question to you is, to find what’s average discounts. Do I use KBB and TrueCar, and these other websites to find selling price, then use my incentives to get cap cost? Or did I confuse myself?

Go read step #4

I think you may find 11% pre-incentive tough. With that said, you’re missing the conquest incentive here, so that may make up for that discount target if you’ve overshot.

So TrueCar number of 40,690 is something I shouldn’t even look at? I got them number through my work discount.