Updated: 2019 Mercedes C 300 Delivery Tracker Update

Updating:

So I closed a MB 2019-C300 Sedan lease with a dealer in Bay Area on Oct 6, 2018 . I was told that the vehicle is in the Alabama centre where all the production vehicles are there and distributed across the US.
I was quoted the delivery to happen (the vehicle to arrive and delivered for drive-off) in two weeks, but now they’re asking another two weeks, by the first week of Nov . I’m feeling a little worried if there’s a hiccup, or something’s wrong, or I might be thinking too much. (First car in the US; first time lease experience)

Can anyone help with any insights, or similar experiences from dealers of Mercedes/other car makers? Attaching the status tracker shared with me by the dealer.

Past post:

After much research and speaking with many dealers, I found this deal (best one so far):
Need Lease evaluation: Mercedes C300 2019 Facelift (Premium Package, AMG Line, Night Package, 19" AMG wheels, Ambient Light, Panoramic Roof) in So Cal.

Breakdown:

MSRP: 50,535 USD
Discounts: 5,500 USD (Again, It’s a 2019)
SP: 45,035 USD
Residual 55% for 15K miles a year/36 months
2500 USD total drive-off (includes 1289 USD down)
Acq fee: 895 USD (included in monthly lease)
MF: 0.00062
Monthly lease: 516/month plus taxes
Comments/suggestions on the deal? Good/Bad?

I want to get this down to 500 a month to meet 1% rule, is it realistic?

3 Likes

Try to extend lease term to 39 or 42 months. That should lower it to $510 or so. Then go in person and demand $500, you will most likely walk away will a deal. They won’t let you walk away over $10.

Thanks for the tip! Other than that, does this deal seem good, if not the best?

For a 2019, its pretty good! Few things, your acquisition fee is marked up $300. So I would get that adjusted. Push for less money down, I wouldn’t put more than first months and possibly acquisition fee at signing. I would definitely take the suggestion on possibly extending the lease term. Finally, if you get it at $500 or below it passes the 1% rule. So definitely a good deal on a new model car!

2 Likes

@Haufinator Is there a source to find out the correct acquisition fee? Different dealers have been quoting me different numbers - ranging from 895 to 1095.

It’s set by Mercedes Financial at $795. The dealers are allowed to mark that up to $1095. So when you see it marked up, that’s straight profit for the dealership.

4 Likes

@Haufinator I was able to bring down the acq fee to 895. It’s 516 USD +taxes now. I want the lease to come to meet 1% (500 USD). But since I don’t have counter offers matching this, I’m struggling.

No MSDS? (202020202020)

Acquisition fee is a standard $795, so you should be able to achieve that. Did you extend the lease term?

@nyclife I’m sorry but what’s a MSDS? Unfamiliar here, would really appreciate your insight.

Sure, it is money you put upfront and get back at the end of the lease. In some states it can’t be used like NY

1 Like

@Haufinator I’ll try to bring it down to $795. Haven’t played the 36 to 39 months card yet. Like I said, I wanna achieve 500 (inc taxes) which is ambitious enough, so that’s like my last resort to pitch 39 months. I hope that’d make it reasonable for the dealer then. Thoughts?

Absolutely. The dealer shouldn’t profit on the acquisition fee. Also keep pushing the monthly payment, then throw out 39 months when they hit a stopping point

1 Like

@nyclife Oh understood! No MSDS as of now. But I can try using that. What’s an ideal MSDS you would recommend? Also, any other approach or tips to get the lease to meet 1% (500 inc. taxes)?

If you do a MSD of roughly $2-3k that would get you sub $500. You do get them back at the end of the lease term, fyi.

1 Like

@Haufinator Will do. Appreciate all your help. thanks! Are you familiar of any standard Mercedes incentives that could help me further increase the discount on MSRP?

Def use MSDs. You’ll save and get your monthly goal.
Are u United premier? I think premier members get mbusa savings of around 1k or so.

ethanhunt23,

This is on the C300 Sedan correct? I wish those numbers were for the coupe.

Yes, 2019 C300 Sedan

Hello Leasehackers!

So I closed a MB 2019-C300 Sedan lease with a dealer in Bay Area on Oct 6, 2018. I was told that the vehicle is in the Alabama centre where all the production vehicles are there and distributed across the US.
I was quoted the delivery to happen (the vehicle to arrive and delivered for drive-off) in two weeks, but now they’re asking another two weeks, by the first week of Nov. I’m feeling a little worried if there’s a hiccup, or something’s wrong, or I might be thinking too much. (First car in the US; first time lease experience)

Can anyone help with any insights, or similar experiences from dealers of Mercedes/other car makers? Attaching the status tracker shared with me by the dealer.