Unused miles due to less usage

Uber drivers get taken advantage of because they’re not always financially savvy… for instance depreciation (a non-cash expense) gets entirely thrust upon them, but they’re not stupid.

Their rating would get destroyed from people hating riding in the back seat of a CLA

1 Like

CLA-Class is an approved UberX vehicle. I don’t see how it’s any worse then then a 2006 Prius, which is also UberX approved. If you’ve ever taken an Uber in Mexico City I think you might think otherwise!

I guess I don’t see why all the fuss over a $299/mth car. I don’t know what you’d replace it with that would be cheaper.

2 Likes

I’m in a similar boat. Way under miles. But I have a VW Tiguan so can’t be cleanly transferred. 14 months in and only have 6,200 miles out of 32,500. Only put on about 20 miles since the lock down started.

But the payment is low enough and it’s the wife’s car anyway, so as long as she enjoys it, I’ll just return it under miles (I’m expecting I’ll be under miles by at least 10k) or sell it if it’s value exceeds lease end purchase price, but not counting on the latter.

I don’t foresee VW or anyone else refunding unused miles, at best some may allow you to ‘carry over’ some miles if you lease another vehicle.

Source for this info?

Not exactly a source you can point to, but here’s a thread about it.

Edit: According to a post on bimmerfest, this table below is on the lease turn in inspection form.

It shouldn’t be interpreted as a blanket statement. Some BMW leases it can be included in up front but I wouldn’t say it is standard. It seems more like one of those friends and family perks from what I’ve seen.

I personally got it 2 times when returning my previous leases.
And I doubt I was considered Friends and Family :slight_smile:

@Jon @ApexHunt @Rodriges

Thanks all, will take a look

When I returned one it was certainly brought up and pointed out that I didn’t have “unused mileage credit” built into my lease contract. It was a 328 though fwiw.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

1 Like

If banks compensated lessees for unused miles at say 15 cents a mile, I could lease a cheap tacoma from us bank, turn it in undriven and make money !

Yes banks don’t want to have their lease contracts fluctuate. They want to base their projected Residual values on contract term and miles, whether used or not. Otherwise they would need to constantly adjust their valuations.

1 Like

Mercedes gives you -0-

I turned a Bmw lease in last week, it is at the bottom of the lease end return sheet.

2 Likes

I am not talking about in general. Opening up this topic just because of covid situation. So many things are being offered due to covid by financial organizations. Not saying they have to do it. Was just wondering if there is something happening

Just returned another BMW lease and promptly got 300$ for unused mileage

2 Likes

You have to be way under miles to get BMW’s $300 credit

Obviously and hopefully covid is an exceptional circumstance leading to many people driving less but in ordinary circumstances getting $300 back would mean the lease cost went up significantly for the consumer on a per-mile basis.

We get .20 cents back for every unused mile for our Mercedes

2 Likes

What third party bank did you lease your MB through that does that?

3 Likes

COVID impacted for sure, but personally for me, I have 2-3 cars in household and sometimes you can’t take less miles. I3 for example was minimum 10k, I know in advance that I don’t need 10k, but can’t take lease with less amount of miles