Unsure of what to get

The A-spec has no extra horsepower boost. It just has some cosmetic enhancements.

I am looking forward to seeing the Type-S once it is released.

1 Like

$2300 rebate turned in to $2750 rebate somehow

It wasn’t worth it. I just wanted it gone. Plus I wouldn’t have had a way to get there because no one was able to drive me.

Yeah I noticed that. I wasn’t exactly questioning it I just wanted to get out of there at that point. From what I heard is that Acura has something called flex cash they can use to make deals work so I’m assuming they added additional flex cash.

The point was to get a better understanding of your trade value so you could determine if they’re showing a higher discount here because theyre showing a lower value on your trade, not to actually sell it to carvana.

2 Likes

Oh that could be. I know my dealer quoted it about 500 before I made my last payment, but my buyout was a little higher at that point.

Dude got 11.9% off on this considering the $1900 dealer cash. That’s really, really good on this.

I’m proud of you @mikey319. Post pics in trophy garage and enjoy the car!! Let us know what you think of it.

5 Likes

Thank you!!! :smiley: So far it was a little iffy. I do love it though. I need to bring it to get the trim/gasket near the windshield fixed. I didn’t notice it at delivery. The MPG sucks compared to what the sticker says. Maybe it just needs to break in a bit. And the backup camera stopped working for a few minutes (after I was home) and I noticed a very annoying high pitched electrical sound when accelerating. Idk if it’s the turbo or not. Other than that, I do love it and it rides soooo smooth

Yeah the fuel economy on my K20C was awful for the first ~2k miles but Ive averaged almost 30mpg over 60k miles even with a Hondata Stage 3 tune. Yours is a lot heavier and AWD so I doubt fuel economy will be great but shouldn’t be awful.

Make an appt at your local dealer and be sure you get a free service loaner :laughing:

What I’m worried about is that my maxima is only 319 pounds lighter, a V6, and rated at 31mpg highway. I got easily If driving reserved, 32-33. If I was cruising around 45-60 I would get 36-38mpg.

The Acura is rated for 29 Highway, so I was very surprised when I barley got 25 going 75mph and driving very reserved for the break in. I was also going 45-55ish Mph and I was barely getting that 29. Just surprised me considering it’s a 2.0 compared to the 3.5 I’ll make a post when I get home. Here’s a couples pics for now lol. It’s also super dirty from the drive home.

I wouldn’t even bother keeping track of mileage until you’ve broken it in.

3 Likes

319 lbs is not an “only” amount, IMHO.

I personally have been unimpressed w/ the mileage I get from turbo 4s, but my experience hasn’t been w/ the newest gen and agree w/ the others to wait a bit.

1 Like

Sounds like an air leak/hissing whistle and only occurs over about half throttle?

1 Like

Yes? But also a legit electrical noise too. Like a high pitch whistle in your ear.

I’ll do that. If it’s still no better I’ll have it looked at. I didn’t see anything specific for the break in, so I’m just gonna follow what my moms civic said and my maxima too essentially said the same and that was normal easy acceleration, nothing past 4k rpm unless it’s an emergency get out of the way situation for the first 1,200 miles. I looked through the entire manual and found nothing about it. Even used the word finder tool on the PDF manual on my computer.

1 Like

Sounds like the turbo spooling up

It’s different than that. It’s one of those annoying high pitch sounds that’s like electoral sounding. Unless that’s also coming from the turbo besides spooling

Where’s the fun in that?

The Maxima is min 87 and Acura is min 89, right?

The cost of gas and mileage is not directly correlated to enjoyable driving (not always inversely correlated either), but I’d both track it and not worry about it. Every car I’ve had seems to get different (not always better) mileage after the first oil change. And with Hondas in particular, it was always the case that you didn’t want to rush the first oil change, what’s in there is specifically for breaking it in.

2 Likes

Maxima recommended premium and I always put that in. The min for the Acura is 87 but highly recommends 91 or more. I have easily available 93 here which I use.

There’s no need (or benefit) to use higher than recommended. The higher octane gas will give you less mpg than the lower stuff.