Unicorn Signed ? 2019 BMW 740I M-sport, $566 w/o, $584 w/tax, 36/15k, $95,615 MSRP, 35% off, NO MSD , $2464 DAS, Demo 4k miles

Why are you shocked? My 340 with the same engine gets well over 30mpg on the highway. The difference in weight b/w the 3 and the 7 isn’t actually all that much. You should easily get 30mpg on the highway if you use the right gasoline.

I hope they never stop making I6’s like everyone else.

1 Like

Not possible with my right foot but good to know :wink:

I only put premium, 93 octane around here, in anything with turbos or high compression engine.

This car is super light for its size. 4400lbs with all the carbon core frame materials. It will float with air suspension in extra comfort but in M-Sport with these staggered 20’s it sticks and goes. A bit of set up time on the chassis/suspension but was happily surprised with handling. Haven’t tried tight/quick alternating turns yet.

I second that. On a recent trip to CT (from NJ), I averaged almost 32 mpg on my 340i and I wasn’t even trying that hard.

Is it fast for a 6 cylinder factoring in the cars weight?

Throw a jb4 on that bad boy…

3 Likes

Is it possible?

Haven’t dealt with jb4 before but it’s been around for a while and has a decent rep.

Racechip was really popular on x5 forums, possibly because a vendor was also a member.
New chip claims over 400hp

only counts if its a used bottle of wine too… oh wait

awesome congrats on the great deal! I’m so surprised the dealers were willing to drop the price so much at the onset. kinda cray how desperate they mightve been to get rid of this sort of inventory esp on 2019s, not even 2018 or 2017 etc.

can you give us some more tips on how exactly to source & find unicorn deals? searching on cargurus for 2019 bmw 7 series for example seems to be pulling up what one of the brokers mentioned in this thread - straight 23-24% off MSRP discount prices - because all this inventory is “new” aka under 50 miles etc when you sort by price or “best deals”. however when you sort by mileage, the higher mileage cars dont have any sort of discount showing. if anything most all of this stock shows higher & higher MSRP. for example just saw a 2019 750i with about 10k miles already still listed at its original $120k MSRP - what gives?

@cndnbkn Was this car damaged before you leased it?

Not to my knowledge or disclosure. I’ve looked around it pretty hard and see no evidence of tampering with fasteners inside or out.

So what? If it isn’t titled, it’s still considered “New” in the eyes of the majority of states. That said, whether it has 4 miles or 4000 miles, you’re still turning it back in in 24-36 months anyways. I’d gladly save 100/mo on a “used” car than a “new” one that I’ll be giving back.

5 Likes

Leasing loaners is the best invention in car leasing.

11 Likes

Sickkkk deal!

Congrats!

Why did you not do 24 months?

My rationale if this was my lease—

As much as I like 24 month leases (for a myriad of reasons), when a deal is as sweet as this one is, a longer term may even be better…one extra year of crazy low payments on what may be a once in a lifetime find. Even if tires end up being needed due to the 36 month term, this is still a steal and a half.

And you can always transfer before 36 months

2 Likes

But if you were going to transfer it then that would be even more reason to take the lower payments on the 24 months.

He’s not planning to, so just an option if he gets bored with it.

If you got this lease deal then you can get another one like this at some point down the road…