Underwater with current loan

Could definitely be true, maybe people are also reluctant to shop new homes so they aren’t putting their own homes up. Also sheriff’s sales and foreclosure auctions have been halted since april, this only adds to the low inventory problems.

1 Like

To be fair the Golf has no tow rating at all, but the point still stands. People get caught up in the towing numbers and decide they have to be able to pull the moon, even if they are gonna haul groceries at most.

4 Likes

Ahh 2 family- thats a keeper. income producer now and in the future

I swear I saw more than once. I have zero experience with towing but I imagine it would not be fun.

I’m pretty sure I saw someone towing with a Lupo before (smaller than a Polo, which is smaller than a Golf) but it’s not recommended

The only thing you can’t tow anything with is a Hybrid, but you shouldn’t tow above the recommendation if you want problems fixed under warranty. If your Golf transmission falls out (unlikely), you’d be liable to fix it.

Again: just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

For the OP (reference Nissan Rogue Towing Capacity (2008-2019) | Let's Tow That!):

There were two different towing specs for the Nissan Rogues and these did differ for different model years. From 2008-2013, the towing capacity ranged from 1,000 lbs. to 1,500 lbs. depending on which model you had and the options they came with (manual mode, etc.).

From 2014-2019, there was only one specified towing capacity and that was at a maximum weight of 1,100 lbs.

1 Like

There is nothing smaller than Fiat 126p

4 Likes

with 700+ credit GM Financial, you have up to 115% LTV. for 680-699 score transunion, you have 110% LTV. This is just based on 2020 silverado 1500 crew cab custom v8. so on the sign and drive, you may need to throw first payment or something at it to get under 115%.
Rebates included: current lessee any brand, and first payment waiver. if you do not have a lease, assume $1500 out of pocket to be at same payments below.

or on a purchase, they have promo rates around 3.89-5% on 84 months on tier 1. your payment would come in around 650 with nothing down on purchase.

carry

6 Likes

Anyone buying this housing market is a fool, between stocks going up every single day, tesla at $2000, apple with a 2 trillion market cap and bidding wars on houses, yea something is very very very wrong here. I dont see how any of this can continue the way it has. Eventually something has to give.

4 Likes

You sound surprised with 5 trillion getting printed out of thin air that we would have inflation…This is just the beginning. Wait until the great currency reset and digitalization of the petrodollar

3 Likes

I wonder if this will provide us with the unicorns we so desperately chase? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Like I said, " sitting on the curb, waiting", excellent credit, no debt except my bimmer lease. I can wait, April was when I should have started looking but with Covid I abandon that idea. Later in the year and new year I suspect softening in the market. Glad I am not shopping in the NE market lol,

In my opinion, much like about 12 years ago, in the somewhat immediate future I believe cash is going to be king. Again, my opinion only, but despite pitifully low interest rates, it still may be wise for many people to be debt-free, or very close to it, so as to be able to take advantage of opportunities that may be on the horizon.

In my mind, now is the time to be like this guy…

3 Likes

I agree but the alternative view is to be in debt up to your eyeballs (backed by appreciating assets) because inflation is coming.

Oh man… now you’ve gone and provided a rational counterpoint to my approach and blown it completely out of the water😁

I just couldn’t stomach the risk with having a huge amount of debt with what may be coming…I certainly hope I am wrong wrong wrong.

Current mortgage rate below 3% makes it almost free money factoring in inflation.

Risk is there is asset prices fall in value. Loan to value has two inputs.

That is definitely one way to look at it, a friend of mine who is a mortgage broker has been advising me as such even though I like not having a mortgage.

There is still some thing about having free cash flow that I can’t help but feel may be very important going forward. In the least, it is a low stress approach.

My plan, to try and capture both sides of this with minimal risk and no cost, is to get a HELOC in place. This effectively locks in nearly all of a properties current value as an available credit line. BOA is doing these for free right now, up to $500k, but their criteria is that the property must be mortgage free, or have the first mortgage with BOA currently.

1 Like

I agree housing prices will fall eventually. However the decline will not be the same all over, and the old adage “Location, location, location” will be the main determinant if and how much of a decline we will see.

1 Like

Where is this again?