Understanding F-150 Leases

That’s not a bad deal at all you posted @naderade!

1 Like

it’s the number one selling truck for a reason but I think it depends more on region, incentives and time of year, I got 13k off msrp on a platinum and that’s with no pco, pco would have made it a pegasus type unicorn, too bad the pco expired before I could use that.

Would love to get some thoughts/opinions on this. Not sure if there aren’t good lease incentives in my area or what, but I’ve contacted 3 different dealerships who are all giving me the same offer within a $1 of what is attached.

Here is the link to the truck on the dealer’s website:
https://www.pearsonford.org/new-Zionsville-2019-Ford-F+150-XLT-1FTEW1EP1KFC24605

Any suggestions on additional discounts/rebates or anything to get the price down would be greatly appreciated.

I’d give this one a look well before anything on that sheet.

1 Like

$2k of their so called discount is package discount from the manufacture so not really a discount… would shoot for at least 12% dealer discount not including the $2k package discount. Look up PCO and try and get one of those, they range from $2500-$4k. If you have a Ram, Silverado, or Sierra in household you may qualify for a $3k conquest offer but not sure if that’s available in your region. Lastly you may be better off looking at some of the lease transfer offer deals on here.

1 Like

OP, to @Jflores14 point, you need to learn how to become adept at reading the F150 stickers, look for the ones with a $2000 to $2500 discount on the sticker and focus on those models. F150 RV is calculated on the MSRP, not the Blue Box price. So a $50K F150 with a $2500 package discount already is 5% closer to the RV. This dealer is 6-7% off after you take the $2k into account - push for more.

first off that’s lariat 502a money right there, on a well equipped xlt you should be between 350 and 450 depending on how taxes work in your state, so many different configurations but also depends on what you’re looking for, i.e is push button start a big thing for you? cause only lariats and up have those, do you want a console shifter or is a column shifter ok, screw vs scab, front bench seats vs bucket seats. But to answer your question that’s a terrible deal, try cars.com, even if you have to drive a few hundred miles to get a way better deal it’s worth it, you can always drive back/ship, also you need to find out the mf, rv and incentives for your particular area, I think autobytel is good for incentives and edmunds good for mf and rv, nowhere on that sheet do I see rv, so who’s to say they aren’t marking it up and jacking up ur monthly by 50-60 bucks.

On Edmunds I was given 1.75% APR and 59% residual and
$1000 lease cash. I called them out for the 2k in the “dealer discount” and I received the following response “Mike Yes $2,000 of the discount is from the package discount. Every dealer will include this when available. We are a True Car Dealer and you get special pricing . Your price is $300.00 under invoice price (what the dealer paid) plus any available rebates or incentives. Please keep in mind rebates and incentives are different for a lease vs a purchase. Let me know what I can do to help”

Cant ever believe that “invoice” is the price they paid and lowest they can go. That term means nothing nowadays. There’s so many factors that the public doesnt know when it comes to manufacture kickbacks and bonuses to dealers it’s impossible to know what they really have in a vehicle. At the very least you should be able to find a dealer to go $2500 less on selling price. If you can do that and either find a $3k PCO or Conquest that would get you under $400/month. There is also select inventory bonus cash for trucks on the lot over 61 days that I believe apply to leases also but not 100% sure.

lots of extra profit on these trucks, invoice means nothing on these trucks like guy above me stated. Also ask them for base mf for tier 1( assuming you are tier 1 capable) that’s an extra profit maker for dealers and he could be jacking up your monthly, dealer discount just doesn’t seem like enough target more dealers, even target dealers that are far away and then challenge local dealers to match on similar msrp vehicles.

Responded again asking for base mf for tier 1 and the guy said “I’ve been doing this a long time and have no idea what you are talking about” LOL. Thanks for all the help guys. I’m currently looking on cars.com to expand my search zone to see what I can find.

He’s full of shit. Sales or Internet manager stat.

1 Like

if you said money factor and not mf then he’s full of sh*t. Like I said if you were willing to pay that monthly you could get a lariat 502a which has a whole lot of sweet tech and luxury. Xlt’s are pretty standard but for $300-$400 a month for a truck they are pretty good at tackling most tasks. I recommend the 2.7 EcoBoost if you can find one they get roughly 20+ mpg city/ highway combined.

Above it was stated that Ford uses APR and not MF.

Ignorance about how money factors work with leases on non-Ford brands may not be feigned, if the person making the statement has never sold/leased another brand.

2 Likes

apr and mf are interchangeable terms they measure the same thing in different terms as you know( apr divided by 2400 = mf) , every ford finance manager and sales manager I have ever talked to knows what a money factor is, the last guy I talked to worked at ford the entirety of his career and knew exactly what mf was and his exact words are " we don’t usually show the money factor/apr unless customers ask and are serious about making a deal."

Even if he didn’t know what mf was he could have asked for an explanation and eventually would have figured out that op was referring to apr. Bottom line is dealers use bush league tactics to make any possible money they can, so don’t think they don’t know what they are doing most of the time.

I wasn’t defending the guy, I was offering a plausible explanation.

Sale rebates are always better, but they do lease pretty well due to a decent residual and low MF/APR. My 2018 XLT SCrew 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost w/ 302a, Sport, towing and some other options is at $386 a month. That was on a 52k MSRP truck. I have mine up in the marketplace as well if you’re interested in a transfer.