UAW voted in @ VW plant in Chattanooga, TN

Higher prices likely to come as the UAW wins at TN VW plant, and the vote at two Alabama MB plants is on May 13 and May 17. Looks like the UAW plan is to continue across the plants in the south.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/uaw-clinches-watershed-union-victory-volkswagen-tennessee-factory-2024-04-20/

I guess I’ll add a US made VW to my never buy list. Higher price I can live with. Shit UAW quality, not so much.

In 5 years only time you’ll see these cars will be at Avis and Alamo.

2 Likes

Along with basically every GM vehicle? Sure…

1 Like

I’m not sure what these employees see in a union. They’ll have to pay union dues out of their paychecks and VW was already paying wages well above average in Chattanooga. Union bosses get richer and the average plant worker gets nothing. It’s only a matter of time until the next UAW corruption scandal.

3 Likes

Union workers = good
Union heads = bad, typically morally bankrupt

3 Likes

Maybe the problem is the American worker - look at Boeing

Uneducated American labor is highly unmotivated

2 Likes

I think there’s a reason why the votes failed twice previously and went through this time.

Boeing… the UNION shop? :rofl:

I think society, or dare I say the powers that be, are at least somewhat responsible for the degradation of quality at American staples like Boeing. Competency and fitness for the job is secondary these days.

Also, everyone is high.

1 Like

Am I high or are people blaming the quality loss at Boeing on workers and not the rampant corruption, cost cutting, outsourcing of every part, and self-regulation?

The past 2 UAW threads scream astroturfing/union busting sentiment

1 Like

lol. Yeah I’m a union buster because I won’t buy a piece of shit UAW made vehicle that needs a new transmission at 70k miles. You found me out. :roll_eyes: