Turning in my lease

Hi, my first lease is coming to an end and it definitely has a size-able dent on the front bumper. I already got quoted and it would be $800 to get it fixed (New bumper + paint). I was wondering if I should get the inspection first and then fix it?

Will they let me fix it independently after they see the dent or will I have to get it done by them?

In normal times, yes, that’s the typical route. However, you’ll want to see if you can even schedule a pre-inspection. Many places have suspended all pre-inspections due to COVID-19.

Once you turn it in, there’s nothing else you can do. So either fix it yourself, or wait for the bill. You may want to call your lessor to see if there are other options available to you.

Ah I will tomorrow and find out.

And I meant will they let me fix it independently after the inspection (if there is one) or will I have to pay the price quoted by the inspection.

As long as it’s repaired to spec by an authorized/legitimate body shop, you shouldn’t have issues. If there was shoddy work, they’ll likely ding you for it. Otherwise, the pre-inspection is the chance for you to either fix it yourself or let the lessor bill you for it after turn-in.

Yes. If you get an inspection done, you can repair the damage before turning it in.

1 Like

Ford motor credit is doing my end lease inspection tomorrow.

Out of curiosity, Where are you located?

Utah. 2020

What model of Toyota? If it’s a plastic bumper, there’s usually someone that specializes in bumper repair, ask around. The used car manager at any dealer will know of someone

It’s just a 2016 Camry and yeah I’m pretty sure it’s just a plastic bumper. Is $800 not a good price for the bumper + paint + labor?

No bad, but a bumper guy might be able to do it for $200ish

When my wife went to turn in her Nissan, she had cracked a part of the front bumper after hitting another car at low speed. I expected them to ding us for the entire front bumper, but after the inspector came he basically deemed it as a $90 touchup on top of the existing wear and tear allowance.

So don’t fix anything until you get the inspection for sure. They might be particularly bad, but it might also be smaller than you think.