Trying to understand Online Lease Numbers on Pacifica Hybrid (NYC)

Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out these numbers (picture attached) on a 2020 hybrid Chrysler Pacifica. $616/month seem crazy high. Putting numbers in the calc, it looks like they are jacking up the MF to an insane amount? I’m not necessarily going to do anything online, but I wanted to understand their pricing so I have a place to start. The discount seems pretty good (14.9% off), and the intensives look good ($11,500), but the monthly price is nuts.

I tried messing around until I got a similar monthly price on the calc.

Thanks!

The sales price isn’t $41957.

Can you point me in the right direction?
chryslerp2

Where are you getting your information? It looks like information from 3 different places. Retail bonus cash is not for leases.

Hmm, they are including it in the pricing on that first picture I uploaded. Edit: And the first picture is leasing info.

You should put selling price without subtracting the incentives. You are already putting them on your taxed incentives section.

On the lease breakdown (first post) they get the $41,949 from MSRP minus:

• “Family pricing” ($2,331)
  • National Retail Consumer Cash ($2000)
  • Retail Bonus Cash ($3,000).

The $11,500 that I am putting in “taxed incentives” is from the “Rebates & Discounts” section of the lease breakdown:

• 2020 Ally Capitalized Cost Reduction Allowance
  • 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Lease Cash Allowance

I am probably misunderstanding this part.

You can’t get both lease and retail incentives.

The 1st post doesn’t show $41949 anywhere. They are getting $41957.22 from the $11500 lease rebates plus the fees. There is $0 pre-incentive discount there.

Oh damn, thanks for pointing that out.

Dealers (especially FCA ones) love to display a sale price with every incentive ever offered included, even though they can’t ever actually apply. This is why it’s in your best interest to always independently verify the incentives and work your numbers based on pre-incentive discounts. And never trust an advertised special price

Thanks. In this case it was just two very similar numbers, and I did not pick up that they were different. I do see them doing what you are describing though.

Wow, effectively over $700/mo for 36/10 on a Pacifica? That seems criminal.

OK so I did some math using the calculations in Leasing 101 (to solve for X, X being MF), someone let me know if it sounds right :slight_smile:

MF on this = .0024

Besides there being no discount, why is the monthly payment so high? Is it just an inflated residual?

Thanks!

Inflated residual benefits you. Looks like you have more reading to do. :slight_smile:

Inflated residuals help lower monthly payments, not make them higher.

Ok looks like I used the wrong word.

Either way, I am trying to work out why the monthly payments are so high. If someone has a second can they help me along with this example?

Is basically everything just bad with it (i.e. bad MF at .0024, low residual at 52%, and no discount on msrp)?