Trying to ret-con a 2019 e-Golf deal in NorCal

Hi there. My current lease is almost up and I now am trying to remember everything I forgot about this stuff in the last 36 months.

I’m just trying to get oriented, and I can’t for the life of me replicate a published offer on eGolf using the leasehackr calculator. I think largely because I don’t know how to handle rebate and cap reduction (details below). Two questions:

1. Can anyone model how to get this monthly from the info they gave; and
  2. Is that $7500 rebate guaranteed, or just possible? I keep hearing that incentives in CA are drying up.

Thanks.

This deal is published on the Sunnyvale CA VW site:
$167/ mo plus tax

This is the fine print:
$4345 Due at signing after $7500 rebate
Monthly payment based on
MSRP of $33475
and cap cost of $29,248.
Cap reduction of $4078 after $7500 rebate.
$395 Disposition fee

This is what Edmunds says about eGolfs in the area:
00001 MF
36% RV

That $167 is not your true payment i wouldn’t be surprised if some of that $4345 DAS is being applied as CCR jeez that RV 36%. I’m no expert on VW maybe one of the more experienced hackers will chime in.

…+ tax, lic, fees…so make it ~$5500.
As said before, the purchase offer is much more appealing…$10k off msrp.

fake news…and that $7500 is federal not state and is baked into the offer. The CVRP is the state rebate and is $2500, post sale.

1 Like

As said before, the purchase offer is much more appealing…$10k off msrp.

I don’t doubt that it’s not a great deal. I’m just trying to figure out how they got to that monthly as an exercise so I can better assess other offers & find where the tricks (and opportunities for negoation) are.

fake news…and that $7500 is federal not state and is baked into the offer. The CVRP is the state rebate and is $2500, post sale.

How does the $7500 factor into the monthly payment? On the LeaseHackr calculator is that entered into the “Post-Sale Rebate”?

And how is it received? The $2500, as I recall, was cash, but the $7500 is more complicated, right?

…baked into the lease as a taxable incentive. On purchase you apply for it at tax time and get all of it if throughout the year you had $7500 in fed tax liability.

1 Like

Is this really the car you want to lease? Effective $288/mo plus tax.

…baked into the lease as a taxable incentive. On purchase you apply for it at tax time and get all of it if throughout the year you had $7500 in fed tax liability.

Thanks so much. Turns out I was right – in that I knew I was putting the $7500 in the wrong spot.

Here’s the deal on the LH calculator for anyone who cares.

1 Like

Not necessarily. I was just trying to use this one to get my bearings using the calculator because I could not get my numbers to match theirs.

That said, it’s cheaper than the deals I’m seeing at my Nissan dealership for a 2019 Leaf.

1 Like

Take a look at the purchase numbers with $10k off msrp + $7500 fed + $2500 CVRP (+ PG&E $800?)

4 Likes

Take a look at the purchase numbers with $10k off msrp

Where are you getting the $10K off MRSP? Edmunds said it was $9K, but the guy who I leased my last two Leafs from just sent me a boilerplate offer for an SV with only $4406 off:

MSRP: 37,025
“Sale” Price: 32,619

Is that 10K supposed to be automatic, or is it something you have to push for?

Talking about the base eGolf…check this forum for references.

1 Like

@rubbergash will give $9,750 off on purchase. Hit him up.

2 Likes

Talking about the base eGolf…check this forum for references.

Gotcha. And thanks for all your help.

1 Like