Trying to decide whether to buy out my Nissan Rogue

I have a Nissan Rogue SV 2020 (old model) 36 month that seems to have no major mechanical issues, had some minor steering issue a year ago where it groaned when you turned the wheel, fixed under warranty. It did have an accident fixed with insurance and I was a little surprised at the amount of monetary damage to the front end area but according to the repair people nothing structural with the frame or electrical, the accident itself was at low speed. No existing damage at this time but the accident is on record since it was an insurance repair. Car rides ok and I don’t mind it but not what I would have bought if it was not late 2020 and there were no cars (would have gotten leather and a sunroof and some of the autopilot features).

Buyout is around $15.5K. I did price it through Vroom (incl accident) and got a buyout of $17 or so. Not yet actively checking the others just starting to think. Have no plans to sell it to Vroom, the $1000 or so is not worth the hassle, simply checking value.

Mileage is in the low 20s so way under.

Due to circumstances changes, I really do not need another car at the moment but would use it occasionally, especially during summer and winter vacations. If it were 2018, I would return it and wait until I actively need another car because I know I could replace it with a sub $200 a month Honda Accord LX lease when I actually needed a new car, in about a year. Are those days back?

I see prices coming down but they are not where they were, causally looking it seems Accord LXs are in the high 3s. Plus I hate owning new cars although I like leasing them and with interest rates up, I do not see leasing going back to sub $200 in a year even if cars are starting to sell at close to invoice. What say you, those with a crystal ball?

While I like leasing and returning and have never bought a car off lease, once I own a car I will drive it until it is dead or close to it (replaced a 2004 in 2018 and still have a 2006) although I wonder about owning a gas car in 10 years.

Leaning towards buying it because the cost to buy similar new has gone up so much

A post was merged into an existing topic: “Should I buy out my lease?” super-thread