Trophy Garage - 2 [Photos]

Worth it.

Easily.

2 Likes

Shhhhh!

The TCO crowd might find out you are paying $3.26 per month tax on that color and rip you without mercy for your lack of financial sense.

14 Likes

Totally worth it. Loved the BMW individual color I had on my 5 series. You’re going to get tons of complements on this

1 Like

Very nice and unique color!

S5 has a 72%+ RV?

Def not that high

1 Like

That is how nearly all of the higher-end manufacturers price their paint. $5.9k is nothing.

Things keep getting more stupid. I can see it on an exotic but not on pedestrian performance vehicles.

Different strokes…

1 Like

If you wanted to paint your car that color, a good company would prob charge around $10k for the same quality work

Most of the German manufacturers do it that way, when you dip into exotics the upcharges get super crazy.

Also worth much less as it obviously wouldn’t be factory, especially if we’re looking at luxury or exotics…

1 Like

For sure. That’s why wraps have gained so much popularity. I don’t think anyone expects to add value, it’s more personal preference.

Resale on that car won’t be $6000 more either. 95% of buyers likely wouldn’t even consider it. Lease def is the way to go

3 Likes

Correct, correct & correct

Its just that the factory ~$5.9k option is a significantly better value overall vs doing the aftermarket route (if one was set on getting that color on that car)

No resale, a lot of those options are for YOU the initial buyer and you have to accept that you’re going to pay a premium upfront and not retain the majority of your money.

1 Like

Everything else aside, the factory paint will almost always be better quality than the best aftermarket pro job as well - whatever the color might be.

6 Likes

You know, some people actually value a good spec, not just a payment.

9 Likes

I mean we could have both ideally :sneezing_face::laughing:

Would love to know the marginal cost for Audi on that paint job.

1 Like

That’s why I said different strokes for different folks. If it’s worth it to you god bless. That being said many people don’t have a pot to piss in and get in over their heads trying to flex on their neighbors with dumb vehicles choices.

$3.26

2 Likes

60% Residual, discount was 14% off @ buyrate. Only way I got this deal was because it is an out there color. It would have cost the same as a $66k S5 with a 10% discount, which might take some leg work to get to.

2 Likes

Ah that makes sense now! Enjoy!

2 Likes