Trading Lease in UNDER Mileage

Crazy question…If I turn my Lease in early, say 5,000 miles under mileage, do I get a credit toward my next lease (since it affects the residual value)? Lease payments are paid in full.

Get it appraised at carmax. If value is greater than payoff, then profit. Otherwise just turn in the lease. There is no credit for the unused miles themselves.

Since I vaguely recall this is a chrysler vehicle, chances of positive equity are fairly slim.

1 Like

It might be possible. However, leasing company does not usually set up residual value for 5000 miles per year. They probably provide you horrible residual value if comparing with 10k miles.

http://please-lease.com/faq/

BMW offers a token discount ($350) if you turn in your car significantly under mileage (25%) and lease a new one. But the short answer is no.

1 Like

If you have any equity in the car (low mileage helps), you can apply that toward your new lease.

1 Like

I turned in my BMW 1,500 under miles last week and got zilch. Best case scenario you get nothing and worst case is you get nothing. Maybe a couple of bucks to off-set the lease disposition fee…

Yep, I’ve always been way under miles and never got anything, unless traded before lease end.

1 Like

I traded my 2014 bmw 535 for a 2017 BMW 540 with 12000 miles under and I got a $300 credit in my first monthly payment. Didn’t expect it but was nice

1 Like