Toyota Tundra 2022

That TRD Pro in white definitely has an oddball stormtrooper vibe about it.

2 Likes

Liking it so far!

If only those anazing cody deals come back on this new redesigned one!

1 Like

Maybe by 2035.

2 Likes

Tundras are coming back ?

If it ain’t “two-fitty” a month, I don’t want it…

1 Like

Screen too distractingly big, grills plasticy, only interesting feature is full sliding back window, in 2022. Soyfan is in desperate need of a stylist.

So I’m not the biggest fan of the next Gen tundra front end. The pro doesn’t look bad remind me alot of the previous generation pro. Always been a pet.peave of mine how much better the pro grill looks over all the other trims in every tundra generation. Where is the balance toyota! Now I feel like I have to get a next gen pro even though it’s probably gonna be 70 grand because the grills on the other trims are so ugly lmao :rofl:

So, the 2022 Tundra is same as the 2021 tundra except for a Tacoma Pro Grill and Lexus GX headlight? Got it …

I forgot to add… Same as 2021 but with a weaker engine …

Wouldn’t be a new truck without a good ol’ grille-measuring contest.

1 Like

SR5 & TRD Pro trims are the best looking.

Others are

Screaming Homer Simpson GIF

Agreed but why dump the v-8? They should have revised it, matted it to a 8 or 10 spd, and followed Ram’s ideal. Or set the bar and do a hybrid V-8, more power, same v-8 that truck owners want, and better mpg.

On a side note, I would be curious if most truck owners even care about the v-8 anymore or if they’re more concerned with power, towing, etc. As one of the most brand loyal segments in automobiles, I’m not sure this has what it takes to pull sales from the domestic brands.

They don’t.

Truck market is about D$&k (sorry i mean) Grill Measuring contest and if it happens to be expensive along with it then even better cuz then they can brag to their friends that they bought a 70k-80k truck…

My reply would be ‘you coulda bought nearly 2 Lightnings for that…but yeah, that 14 inch screen is tech!’

1 Like

Ain’t that the truth?

Yes but if you feel you can get even better fuel economy with a V6 turbo + hybrid vs V8 + hybrid, then that’s the route you may go. Plus, they’ve already turned away from the somewhat ancient V8 Toyota/Lexus motor to derivatives of the new V6 turbo (LS, LX, etc). I’m guessing with the EV future, they could only eek out the ROI they wanted by focusing on either V8 or V6 turbo, not both since this could very well be the only generation of that motor (though that could mean it lives on for another 20 years).

Twin-turbo V-6 full-size trucks are way more fun to drive than dinasour NA V-8s. If and when someone makes a handheld tuner for the motor, an extra 50hp and 100tq could be 15 minutes and $600 away.

Plus, if its anything like the 3.5 EB from Ford, which I have a parking lot full of, it will bring plenty of work to the dealership just as the motors go out of warranty.

1 Like

that’s just for the hybrid pro most likely. And if you don’t want to wait itll be available at market pricing. I’d estimate that will be very close to 100k. At which point I would just get a TRX

I have plenty of “fully loaded” tundras at 3-5k over msrp coming the next 2 months. No wait list at all. If people refuse to pay that then hopefully we can get back to discounting them again soon.

I saw that on your marketplace thread.

That makes more sense

1 Like