Toyota Tacoma SR Double cab 4x4 $225/month, $225 DAS, 39/10k

Be as specific as possible in the title if you are posting a deal – include car model, monthly payment, and money down.

Include as much information as possible in your post, and even a celebratory picture. :wink:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim:2020
MSRP: $33972
Monthly Payment: $225
Drive-Off Amount: $225
Months:39
Annual Mileage:10k
MF:.00253
Residual:88%: $29,895
Incentives:$1000 through Ally (I believe)
Region:NE
Leasehackr Score:12.8 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Worked with Jim from Philly on this

Couple questions that I have:
-Looking at rent charge of $6137.38. I was fairly blown away by this number, especially since the depreciation amount is only $2180. This a typical number for the rent charge?

-88% residual value on a 39 month lease, that’s high right? I know that works very well in my favor for the lease, but I figured that was a value more on the 24 month leases.

-How do payments get set up with Ally? Will I receive something in the mail? I guess I should’ve asked this at the dealer but a 16 hour road trip back home (Wisconsin) made me just want to hit the road. There was nothing in the paperwork about setting up payments

-Opinion on this? I was very happy with the payment, and the 1000 mile drive was a lot better than I was expecting from a truck. If I include the cost of the trip and the broker fee I figured I may be at $250 a month, which I still can’t complain about. Even though it is the lowest trim level it’s more than got everything that I need out of a truck.

Congrats!
For future reference, I helped my friend get 2020 SR V6 4X4 24month/15k miles with Ally for $225 DAS and $239/month. I think you could’ve been at $200 with better dealer discount and 24moinstead of 39mo.

My states fees jumped this month and added $10 to the payments unfortunately. So 24 more would have been more like $17/mo more for the doc fee. If not for that I would have hit the price you suggested.

And rent fee is high. Ally is like 7%. These deals aren’t made for buying it out. They’re meant to get a cheap ass payment for 3 years then return it!

Glad you enjoyed the trip home, much less comfortable vehicles you could have been driving!

And returning it is exactly my plan at the end of the lease. I was blown away by the $29k residual value. Even buying it with the extra 5 years of payments makes it close to $500/month. Too steep for this guy.

1 Like

No reason to ever buy a Toyota truck unless you beat them up or put on 20k+ miles a year. Even high mileage on these deals make sense in many situations. I just did a 25k mile lease on a taco sport for low $400s. I did the math with the buyer, looking at 3 year old trucks with 75-80k miles and leasing made more sense still.