Toyota Rav4 Adventure, can I get out?

Hi everyone,

We just began a lease back in Dec 2019 for a 2019 Rav4 Adventure, gas model. Was turning in another lease (Toyota 86 b/c lease would end in a few months and needed a bigger car for family), so here are the details:
MSRP: 35,079
Selling Price: 32,999
DAS: $1000
Residual: 20,346
MF: 0.00099
$455/mo for 36mo/10k

We aren’t experts at leasing at all, and our original goal was to get the monthly in our range so we understand it’s probably not a great lease by any means. Anyway, fast forward a few months, and we aren’t in love with the car anymore. Transmission is jerky and quite honestly a POS. Not only is it NOT fun to drive, it’s actually annoying to drive. The looks only take it so far. Don’t remind me how we should’ve gone with the hybrid. I know… unfortunately Toyota wasn’t making any deals on them. So…

As everyone knows, there have been a some deals from dealerships for 0% financing or something of the other. I’m wondering if it would be possible to walk away this early from this lease given the current circumstances. Would another dealership work with us to take the car? We would probably go away from Toyota because we are kind of getting tired of them. What are our options?

TIA

There is a article that explains how to get out of a lease early. Read it.

2 Likes