Toyota Highlander shortage-no way to negotiate

I have a hybrid bronze edition in stock at msrp with my fee included. Only $200 doc fee tax tags on top

Also just posted a hybrid platinum in Moondust at msrp+1500. They’re very hard to get

6 Likes

This seems to be a good solution for OP.

1 Like

Not only are Toyota leases bad, but was also financing is terrible with TFS. Rates are anywhere from 7-10% on 60 months.

Look at the Pathfinder @ 18 months . It’s been redesigned recently and honestly a much nicer truck than the current Highlander

Not necessarily just my Ford, I have had a ton of friends with Tahoes and various others that had lemon issues. Just my personal preference based on stories from lots of people I know. I also have a 20 year old highlander that’s been a beast of a car so I’m a bit partial.

I once had an un-air conditioned apartment in Chicago that was right above an Indian restaurant, and to this day I can’t eat Indian food.

We all have our issues. :wink:

Happy shopping. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Can you tell me how this works and how I can see it etc?

What do you need to see? You seen one new highlander hybrid, you seen em all. How does it work? You say “I’ll take it” and you sign papers either electronically or through fedex, pay money, and either fly and drive or have it shipped. Whether leasing or financing is up to you. Sounds like getting your own financing is the way to go on these right now.

I haven’t physically touched a new car before I’ve leased/purchased it in many years.

7 Likes

Text

Jim
215-359-6836

Yes, most Leases are horrible now and Toyotas are the worst. Toyota for the most part has done a great job of hiding their inventory from dealer lots to help keep customers like you to pay MSRP!
option 1. Extend your lease if possible for 6 months and see if the recession materializes and starts to build inventory on dealer lots.
Option 2. Buy out your own lease and drive your reliable car until the market turns to your liking.
Option 3. Py MSRP to one of the Brokers and make it an easy stress free process.
Is it that you want a deal in the game or do you actually need a vehicle.
Otherwise I think the Highlander Bronze is in your price point if you can stand the hideous wheel color.

1 Like

I can sell my HH Limited

1 Like

Why does long term reliability matter on a lease? You’re under warranty at all times

5 Likes

Needless to say, you’ll want to focus on brands at the bottom half of the list if you’re looking to lease… Or, look for distressed buyers on Craigslist/Autotrader to buy.

By popular request: New Vehicle availability by major brand 👇 pic.twitter.com/2cJ3XAwJDy

— CarDealershipGuy (@GuyDealership) January 7, 2023
1 Like

I wish we had a 55-day supply. Lucky if we can keep a 10-day right now (just ignore those Panameras in the corner).

2 Likes

I’m buying the car at lease end…. I ended up getting a higlander

If you’re going to buy it out at the end, wouldn’t it have just made sense to buy it from the beginning? I’ll never understand this lease to buy phenomenon. So many people trying to live outside their means.

1 Like

It all depends on the price delta but one could reasonably decide it was worth the difference to have an option to return after 36 months. Maybe you don’t like the car that much or you get in a bad accident but car isn’t totaled and you don’t want to take the reduction in value having a serious accident on the record.

1 Like

Imma go out and lease me not 1 but 2 Buicks cuz baller.

But that’s meaningless to someone who’ll drive it till the wheels fall off.

Acq fee + rent charge on the lease + used car APR later is a much larger financing cost than a new car APR on day one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.